Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my SVT hasn't been able to go into reverse, so I checked the square shifter bushing on top of the transmission (seen in this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231797). I pulled it out, and it was basically just the outline of the bushing, so it is toast. Now I am trying to track down a new one. I have talked to Tasca, and have sent PM's to WuNgUnSVT and jdrahush on focaljet. Does anyone else know where I could find this bushing, or have the dimensions/measurements for the bushings so I could maybe get one made? Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The exterior dimensions are 8.9mm square. The hole I'm not sure about. As far as reverse goes make sure to adjust the linkage by popping the clip on the linkage end and have someone hold the shifter dead center in the gates while you reset the clip. May take a couple tries. Try calling Village Ford in Rhode Island. Steve is the fella you want. Tell him you need an SVT shift bushing. He knows what you want. He set me up $19 shipped last year.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright I will give them a try. If this doesn't fix the problem, adjusting the linkage was the next step, but since all other gears are perfectly fine and this bushing was completely gone, I'm hoping its this.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey so Tasca ended up having them, they just weren't in the system yet. Got one ordered!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts