Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
story time

so i was autocrossing this past sunday, in west virginia, for the first time. And after everything is done this kid comes by my car, kinda checking it out and making me feel kinda awkward, cause he's checking me/my car out. Then he goes to my buddy matt who is parked next to me in his 92 prelude, and does the same thing, and actually starts up a conversation. The conversation goes kinda like this.

awkward kid: hey i'm looking for the best drivers out here, i'm recruiting for my racing team, team skelter

Matt: alright, what kind of racing is it, autocross:

AK: no, street racing

Matt: Alright, i just do autox

AK: Well we dont do that stupid drag [:)][:)][:)][:)] this is strictly drifting

Matt: Alright, well i do autox

That wasn't the exact conversation but i summed it up for the most part. Afterwards we thought of all kinds of good things we should have said to this kid. Like, "sorry i'm already on team helter" Or "how bout talking to the old guy with the supercharged miata, he's on of the best drivers here".

This kid must have just got of of the movies seeing F&F2, and wanted to see real street drifting (since the style was just invented by this film). I then saw him go up to a few other people all around my age (18-25 years old) and he didn't talk to any of the seasoned veterans who were amazing drivers, i guess cause they were too old to be good drivers.

Just wanted to share this awkward story, enjoy.
 

·
Focused Focus
Joined
·
6,403 Posts
I would have played along with him, just to see what he was up too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
950 Posts
jesus
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g idiot, asking an owner of a FWD team to drift? wtf?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i now refer to all drifting as "tokyo drifting"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,957 Posts
It's like the kid in the WRX we had come out.

Me & other veterans - "I saw you using your E-brake out there. Don't use your E-brake, because it's slow and unpredictable. If you take the right line you won't need a 180 degree spin"

WRX Kid - "No, I think that it could be faster. I just need to keep trying."


Riiiiight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,621 Posts
Well, you know us old people just don't know how to drive. There were no fast cars bulit before the civic hatch. Oh, and racing experience ??...its nothing compared to what I"ve learned in the theatres...watching movies.
 

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
Joined
·
4,894 Posts
hahaahhaahaaha...

Team Helter!!!! hahaha.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
The Old and the Forgetful... Suburbia Safety Patrol

It's thirty years later, Paul Walker and Vin Deisel have teamed up again for the final edition of this infamous racing saga.

Inside their gated community in South Florida, a troubling group of young whipper-snappers have begun walking across lawns, driving above 10 mph, not coming to a complete stop for the speed bumps and other tom-foolery. Something MUST be done!

The community leaders call upon their esteemed neighbors, Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) and Dominic Toretto (Vin Deisel) to come to their aid. Using the very latest in technology, the two fifty-something year old men attempt to stop the hooligans by forming a neighborhood watch, utilizing their high powered ultra custom Lark Electric Scooters....





yep... us old guys need to be put out to pasture
 

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
Joined
·
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^

Ahhhhhhhhhh ahahha ah ah ah a ahahahahhaha aha ah ah!!!

THat was BRILLIANT!

Although.. you forgot to add that those kids are also 'skateboarding on the sidewalks!' haha.
 

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
Joined
·
4,304 Posts
Scott_SVT said:
The Old and the Forgetful... Suburbia Safety Patrol

It's thirty years later, Paul Walker and Vin Deisel have teamed up again for the final edition of this infamous racing saga.

Inside their gated community in South Florida, a troubling group of young whipper-snappers have begun walking across lawns, driving above 10 mph, not coming to a complete stop for the speed bumps and other tom-foolery. Something MUST be done!

The community leaders call upon their esteemed neighbors, Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) and Dominic Toretto (Vin Deisel) to come to their aid. Using the very latest in technology, the two fifty-something year old men attempt to stop the hooligans by forming a neighborhood watch, utilizing their high powered ultra custom Lark Electric Scooters....





yep... us old guys need to be put out to pasture
you know whats crazy??? vin diesel is like 40 years old now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bigjordan said:
you know whats crazy??? vin diesel is like 40 years old now.
you know what else is crazy, he still cant act.
 

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
Joined
·
4,894 Posts
Oh.. he showed a LITTLE bit of his acting chops in the new movie that came out.. You don't even RECOGNIZE that its Vin Deisel.. and he was pretty good in it... check it out.. its called 'Find Me Guilty'

When Vin Deisel jumps in a lake, he doesn't get wet. Instead, the water gets Vin

heh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i think i saw preveiws for that flick matt, he had hair.... weird. And actually he was pretty good in the pacifier, that movie was not too bad. But Riddick was possibly the worst acting i've ever seen in a movie.

And i do love the vin diesel jokes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
755 Posts
Oh come on guys, you know that Fast And The Furious is SUPER realistic. Those 350z's are mean brother, who cares if there underpowered and overweight, there a import sports car that cost 35k. It only takes a few bucks to make one out run the domestics, like the 05gt mustang, which only costs 26k. Man, Imports are the best. I only bought a focus cause I couldnt afford a Honda.

LOL, I should go kill my self for saying all that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,392 Posts
Scott_SVT said:
utilizing their high powered ultra custom Lark Electric Scooters....
No way they would choose the Lark Electrics over the Hoverounds! All the horsepower with twice the mobility... w00t! [woot]
 

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
Joined
·
4,894 Posts
dazada said:
No way they would choose the Lark Electrics over the Hoverounds! All the horsepower with twice the mobility... w00t! [woot]


Dude. Its all about the Rascal.

Vin Deisel's sperm don't have tails. They drive Ferrari's
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top