Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so....raced it the other night...

all stock exept CAI, 1/4-ish tank of gas, ran a best of [email protected]?

I'm definatly thinking header, high flow and cat/flex back now...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
What was your best 60' time?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to check the time slip....something like 2.4-2.5.....

it was funny too, first time I've went to the track in like....2 years, and first race I tree'd the other guy with a .540 light.....too bad it was a cobalt SS....lol
At least my RT's still aren't too bad...got a 0.540, 0.555, 0.567, and a 0.594......plus I redlighted about 4 times.....the rest were just average...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Time seems about right in that case, maybe a little high. What I typically hear is that a pretty well nailed launch should net a 2.2x 60', and that every 0.1s by 60' is worth .2 at the trap. Given those rules of thumbs, it makes the car a mid-16s Focus. I've seen a bit quicker posted up, you at a bit of elevation?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't tell you....I tried to find out the elevation, but nothing came up...

your avatar is quite hypnotic btw....

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Those reaction times are a bit sleepy but that will get better with time. Judging by you 60's, are you just popping the clutch at 4000 or something because I smell wheel spin.

·
Registered
755 Posts
A 5spd, sounds almost like AUTO times. I thught stock Zetecs ran a 16.5 or something.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Goat Roper said:
Those reaction times are a bit sleepy but that will get better with time. Judging by you 60's, are you just popping the clutch at 4000 or something because I smell wheel spin.
Welcome to my world. I spin like a rwd Mustang.....and there is no reason for it. Not like I got loads of hotdogs aka horses under the hood.

Next time, I am going to take out the 50lbs of amp/subs...and my spare tire, lol......Imma moron I know.[rolleyes]

·
Registered
622 Posts
I hit the New England Dragway in Epping NH for street night last friday night. I only got three runs in, it was pretty busy and I was the sole Focus out there. I represented for us all as best as my NA 2.3 duratec will do. My mods are listed below, CAI and cat back (Borla and K&N baby) and SVT suspension which must help plant my power down. I call my hood the stable, it's where 160 horses run free.

So I hit 16.19 @ 86 MPH. It was a nice cool night, great track conditions they said. IT was my first run of the night, also my frist track run ever. What a blast.

I had a 17.5 sec with my 225 Lb. buddy in the car with my, then a 16.6 with some slippage of the clutch getting back onto the gas in third. I finished the run in third gear, was right at the end of third when I crossed the line. Get that cat-back (preferably Borla) and you'll shave a few more tenths off.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
A Fanatic that went with us ran a 15.7* edit* in his ST stock on street tires with everything in it. I don't think he has subs though.

I am taking mine out next time though, I heard through the grapevine thats why I got crappy times even with my small mods. Intake, exhaust, tune.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I had a 1/2 tank of gas, my Infinity Basslink, which isn't too heavy, and still ran a 16.19 on street tires. I love these cars!

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
You should be in the 15's man with a 2.3....low 15's...I have seen it. His lowest time was 15.7, his highest was 16.1....he corrected me below.

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
I ran a 15.7 not a 15.2 although I wish I ran a 15.2

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
ah,I thought you told me otherwise after your second run. Well, I'm not so depressed after all, ha....I went home early and sad for nothing. hahahahaha.
, good deal. I'll edit my post...well, never mind. They'll read yours.

I'll take my crap out next time, and we should race, muwhahahaha.

I have lower/stiffer springs and struts and it won't be hot. Lets do it mr!!!!!!!!!!

Fun Ford Weekend, is it open racing or bracket?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I thought I did alright, but I know I could have shaved a few more tenths off. It was my first time pulling up to the tree, so I was a bit slow, .678 r/t with a .500 full tree using manual start (???) not sure what that means. My 60' time was 2.493, 1/8th mile at 10.446 @67.27 mph. I need a better reaction time, and a better launch, less weight (gas was 1/2 full) ahh, also, I was right at the end of third at the end of the 1/4, should I shift to fourth a bit early to finish in 4th? Gonna go up again soon and try to do better. Also, I have 40k miles and my clutch was a bit heated up going into 3rd and slipped a bit. Missed getting the power down a bit.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Goat Roper said:
hahaha...sleepy r/t's [:D]

I got some wheel spin, but I launched at about 2000-2500 rpm.....chirped em' into 2nd though...

I'm going to give it a tune up, new plugs, wires, some other doo-dad's, then take it back on a night where I have more than 45 minutes to play. I just drove in, got inspected, then raced, got the time slip, and then staged and raced again, about 10 times....too bad I didn't show up until about 9, and the track closed at 10....

next time I'll fiddle with launch and shift rpms....stuff like that...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts