Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:autox: my frist auto x, i beat a porsche!

So it was my first day out. Let Me Just say that if you haven't tried auto x DO IT! anyways i got my first time down three second from a 47.5 to a 43.6. I had better over all times than the following cars:
Porsche Boxster
A white Miata
two wrxs

we can't do shit on the strip, but auto x, DAMN this shit is more fun than it looks!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I went out and watched my first one this weekend. I wish i would got interested in it when i was stock but now im quite heavily moddifed so i will be in a high class. It was a blast just being there though, i cant wait to drive. Nice kills to.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooh two more kills i remember 280z and a camaro

·
Registered
759 Posts
We can't take'em in the quarter, be we can hand them their a$$es in Auto X. Great job

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ don't mod it bro! it doesn't matter, i'm running an all stock SPI, don't waste anymore time, just go for it

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i'll be doing my first one the 13th. should be a good time.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i'd love to do Auto X but dont know where there is a place to do it in south florida. Does anyone know where these events are held?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ find an SCCA region near you at the SCCA site

Also i would like to thank carrera who really helped me out with the process of getting started.

·
Registered
351 Posts
^^^ nuttypet. . .
if you've got the $25 to run, don't wait to get another mod. get out there and run. the slogan of AutoX is ="Drag Racing is for fast cars, AutoXing is for fast drivers"

I was at Governors cup with SVT_BMXer this weekend, BIG OVR (Ohio Valley Region) event. On Sunday, they widdled the field down from 60 to 1. When they were at the top four, there was a BONE STOCK 2005 Civic ES. Now, he didn't win, (DNF in his last run), but he was in my opinion, by FAR the best driver of their car.

^^^^^^^^focusdarko (nice donnie darko reference)
http://www.scca.org
Then find a region near you. It'll cost you $25 to run, and there will be tons of people there willing to help you out. PM me for some tips on making your first event an excellent learning experience.

As for Carrera26, for anyone looking to get into AutoX, i don't think there is another person on this forum that is more for pushing AutoX and helping out newcomers with info.

Here in Columbus, Nick (SVT_Bmxer) and i noticed there were no SVT's at this weekends event. Now, i don't know if that's just a coincidence, but Nick and I took it as a sign that Columbus SCCA NEEDS two SVT's running as much as possible. [thumb]

^^^^^^^^zal. ..
NICE kills. People are eventually going to say to you, "Wow, those other drivers must've messed up!"
They say this for two reasons. ..
First, A lot of people can't understand the difference a DRIVER makes in the car seat. They think high horsepower = wins. That's not the case in AutoX. And it's RARELY the case in any other kind of racing.
2nd, of all, They're right. Those other drivers probably did mess up. But you know what? That's what autoX is. Being as fast as you can, WITHOUT messing up. So the fact they might've messed up shouldn't shred any noteriety from you killing them. THEY messed up, YOU didn't. GOOD JOB.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no i know they messed up, but the fact that i drove better than them in a car with less horsepower gives me pride in myself and the car

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i had a blast too, my best was a 40.482, i got 1st place on the STSN out of 6, 4th in the novice out of 27.

there was a total of 104 drivers, each we had 5 run.

here are the results
Course Map this map gives the idea of how it was, but they did made some modifications to it.

im on street tires, which they cost me like $5 each, but i still had lots of fun.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^lucky

but you also have more experience and you have an st

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cause i'm stock and it was hilarious when i made it, i just want people to listen to what i say, not look at my sig and make a judgement. I'm gonna change it soon, its getting pretty old

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
in the mail

1 - 20 of 39 Posts