Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried many diff options in routing the PCV deal to catch can, it is currently configured in the way Turbo Tom recommended and we are still filling up the catch can way too fast.

I can only do about 3-4 laps at speed before I am blowing oil out of the breather on top of the can.

Already have extra baffles in the valve cover.

Any help on diff routing paths or PCV deals will be appreciated.

Many Thanks!!

Ken

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
List how you have things routed and what you have done in detail or pictures would even be better

If you have excessive blowby from internal issues there is nothing that can be done , have you done a compression and leak down test

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Make it drain back, other people say dont other do ive personally been doing it for over 3 years with no problem. its up to you. thats my .02

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Numerous compression checks and leaks down have been done, all indications are motor is healthy. It should be, fully built race motor. PCV and valve cove hose going to catch can...not good. We seperated hoses, all oil coming from block side of deal. Tried to run a few hot laps today but rain said NO! So still searching for right answer/solution>

Tom, PCV running directly to catchcan with valve cover hose too. Breather there, filling catch can in 3 laps...

Thanks,

Ken

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
After talking with him I think he may have an early JRacing adaptor , they are going to pull the adaptor and take a look , If they do then that would be 90% of the issues

Tom

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
After talking with him I think he may have an early JRacing adaptor , they are going to pull the adaptor and take a look , If they do then that would be 90% of the issues

Tom
yes it would. I have the 2nd gen jay racing, it has a small piece in front of the hole. But still gets to much blow by. I am getting the CFM one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts