Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this link it's kinda short notice but the track looks realy cool and would look better with a clan of foci looting and pillaging the fastest lap times. It's priced good $ 65 it's put on by fox valley sports car club and you don't need to be a memebr of their club to do the track day but if you are it's 10 bucks off. there is also a a morning and afternoon sessionI'm going let me know if any one else is down

nic

click

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I know where the track is, but I won't be going. I know lanting90 has been planning or already has gone to the autocross.

IMO, the cost is rather expensive for such a small track - depending on the course layout. I'm sure it'll be nice and twisty and begging for a Focus, but I went to Road America last weekend and I don't think I'll get the thrill out of a tight course as I did at Road America - not to mention that I could use some newer tires (preferably summer tires).

Road America seemed like a better deal (at least for me and IMO). Not only is Road America closer (to me), but you reached triple digit speeds (hit 115 or so in a stock SVTF)! It cost $165 to run and there were (4) 20-minute sessions. You could go at whatever pace you liked and were grouped with cars that would typically go at the same speed around the track.

Not to say that this track day will blow donkey balls (I'm sure it'll be fun), but I know what I'll be doing next year (Milwaukee Mile and Road America).

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've done road america on a bike twice but never in a car. who was the R. A. track day with casue i want to do it in the svt i also live closer to R. A. that to shawano

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I'd LOVE to run at RA!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah I just posted this a few days ago I dont know if ill be going though, none of my auto x buddies are making the trip either... eh

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
^^^svt2004 i love your car!!!

yeah i wanna go but ive never done auto X and i hate being a noob at things with a huge group of people around... and i dont have the $$ to do it... maybe sometime ill do one... who knows

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
zx360 said:

yeah i wanna go but ive never done auto X and i hate being a noob at things with a huge group of people around...
Same here.. we'll have to go together one day.. that way, we'll BOTH look like idiots.. hehe.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
^^for sure... maybe when you come to point... you me, lantigo and this guy tom i know... we can all go

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^

SOunds like a plan.. Might have to wait til next year, though

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The Northwoods Shelby Club hosted the event at Road America. They rent a few tracks in the Midwest every year. They are renting some track in IL next month I think (no plans on attending).

I went to the Milwaukee Mile earlier this year and it is setup quite well. The infield is for the better handling vehciles, while the oval is for the high horsepower vehicles. I had a blast riding along chasing some Miatas that were bone stock except for a cage and slicks.

Road America is made for vehicles with horsepower, but the stock SVT I rode along in held up well against a Mach 1.

I'm planning on attending the Milwaukee and Elkhart Lake event next year. It costs $165 or so per event, but it's free to the public. It's pretty much open to any Ford family vehicle. Convertables need a cage and all occupants need an approved helmet - vehicle needs to pass an inspection as well.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Hmmmmm... just a saftey inspection, or what?

I'd LOVE to come to one of those with you Toolman.. just let me know in about a year.. hahhha....

*smacks you* THAT'S for not posting often enough!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You know I would have to jump on some noob track day, cause yep I be a noob too! *hangs head* but I got to burn up these new sticky tire's [:D]

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they have different class for track experiance I've never done a track day in a car but i did a few on my bike. i also raced motocross for about 10 years so i'm not worried about it. There are some fast cars that are going to be there like an nsx, bunch of evo's and sti's. But i don't care i just want to have fun.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
the fvscc puts on these shawno lapping days just about every month...i havn't been able to go to one yet, but i do hang out w/ all the guys from the fvscc all the time....from what i hear, these track days cant really be beat for price...and also, the track is great...hard on brakes, but alot of fun w/ alot of elivation changes and everything...

also, these guys also go to blackhackfarms every year, as well as RA every once in a while..

www.fvscc.com

and also, a great place...

www.cwscc.com

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i just got back, the track is really fun i will be going back again for sure. There was an evo club there about 8 evo's on the track it was sweet.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^^^

Do you know what the name of that EVO club was?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
CrazyMatt said:
Hmmmmm... just a saftey inspection, or what?

I'd LOVE to come to one of those with you Toolman.. just let me know in about a year.. hahhha....

*smacks you* THAT'S for not posting often enough!
Yeah, just gotta pass a safety inspection and have an aproved helmet.

I'm definately planning on going to the Milwaukee Mile and Road America events next year! I don't know how well a stock Focus would like Road America simply because it lacks the horsepower, but I will say the SVTF ridealong was fun! The SVTF was much more controlled and tame compared to the Cobra, but it held it's own against the higher horsepower vehicles... except the new Roushcharged Mustangs... they FLEW past us and shouldn't have been in the 5th group!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry matt i didn't catch the name of the club but there where some pretty tuned evo's thu some with wisconsin plates and some with illinois plates but they rolled in in a big pack. They where kinda arrogant i thought but i probally would be too if i had an evo

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
That might have been the Renner EvoClub.... and yeah.... a lot of them are arrogant pricks....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts