Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'nother day at the track.(with videos now)

ok. didnt make the mistake this time of having a full tank of gas. also ditched woofers. i have an automatic transmission in case no one remembers.

i tried to do something for you guys, using the stealth cai for a few runs, then switch to the homemade SRI. (my friend was in the car with me, just cuz he was video taping it for a while) did about 5 runs with CAI. first three were with my friend. (raced a v8 s10 and beat him every time. i had some awesome reaction times(compared to my old ones)) reaction times were around .5 or so.(sorry didnt get slips but since times were still slow i figure you'd believe me) i ran 11 flat every time. remember: with friend and cai.

btw : the s10 got an et of 10.9 and i had 11.0 yet i still beat him? i was ahead of him the whole time...i have it on video...

anyways. ditched friend. ran 10.8x. ran again, same times @63 mph
switched to short ram. around same times, slightly better actually. waslike [email protected] 64. only slightly brake torqueing, really hot, didnt want to break tranny lol.

ok. from my last thread, 100+ weather, full tank of gas, ran consistant 10.9+s. best was 10.6(with friend in car...really random.)
this time: 109 degrees, 1/4 tank gas. ran consistent 10.8, best i think was 10.7.
heres the catch....THE FREAKING TRACK WAS HORRIBLE THIS TIME!!! it was like sludge! barely anyone could get a good startoff half the time. bikes were going sideways when they started, i spun out all through first gear 2 times, and i have an auto! a nice looking 350z wheel hopped every time he tried to go. last time i spun out for like half a second every time, if that. is this believable? could this be why i didnt really get any faster with a lot of weight lost? my friend and i both noticed this. when you pulled up to the lights it felt like driving in mud.

if i dont have to go back to work this week, i will go again thursday.(sundays i think are bracket racing, and i'm not fast enough yet for that stuff...lol)

other than that, had a lot better wins. and some close losses.

beat the s10 like 3 seperate times. 2 of them i have on video.

also beat a late 80s early 90s(guessing) camaro.(video)

kept up with a turbo civic through first gear, then he pulled away.

have a video of my friend beating a turbo(or just really fast) rsx type s off the line, but then getting owned, and also the same for a turbo accord.

there were tons of slow cars there. 2 civics who didnt know what they hell they were doing... when they sat there before the staging lights for 2 minutes, til someone had to wave them to go to them. then there are 2 exits at the end(one is sand pit or w/e...) , one took the sand pit exit, and the other one thought there was just that one and had already passed it, so he slammed on his brakes, and then reversed(took his sweet time too) while someone else was going down the track. they ran like 11.6.
umm.....HORRIBLE sounding scion tc...sounded like a 1.2 liter or something lol. he ran 11.3.

there was a really fast 318ti bmw with a 3.2 m3 swap.

oh and one last thing. i got made fun of 2 times there..i was switching intakes on my car, and these people in the stands above me were looking down, i heard one laughing and was like look at that focus haha..then he said something about my engine size, i couldnt hear him though. they were with a guy with a cavalier...he was running 11.6...wouldnt race me.
then these guys were walking by my car as i was leaving, and one said to another(aww look at that cute focus) as they went by i yelled out hey thanks and gave him a thumbs up...they just stared at me and my friend and walked off.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Shit, I would've been like yeah, 10 second focus, makes it alot cuter than an 11 second cavalier!

[thumb]

·
Registered
696 Posts
SuperFocusMan said:
Im taking these are 1/8 mile runs, right?
Know many 10 second ATX's doing the 1/4?

[:D]

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so is that sticky tar, which felt like taking off in water, and 110 degrees a possible cause of my slow times? i know i have an auto, but i have a catback and a short ram, along with the 2.3 engine..

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here are the videos. sorry for taking so long. but yeah...am i so slow because of the track and the weather?? i mean i have ran a 10.4 before....my first time at the track without knowing how to launch or anything...now i can barely run past 10.8

me vs camaro, i got a faulty start but by like .2 seconds lol so i dont think it would have mattered

me vs s10(ran 11.0 with friend in car)

my friend vs rsx type s

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Isn't that the RSX-S that the chick drives? If it is she seriously doesn't know how to launch. Whens the next time you are going, I may make a appearance.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm not sure, it was a guy driving when i raced him. we were making fun of the way that scion sounded lol. i've gone the past 2 thursdays, because i've been home sick with mono away from work(i'm fine now, but doctor hasnt released me) i go to the doctor either tomorrow or wednesday, and he'll probably tell me to go back to work. if i dont have to go back by thursday, i'll be there , but no guarantee. man i wish i had thursdays off. i really want to go when its not so hot...it ruins my times.

the past two weeks though theres been this chic with a really fast (like 7 second) transam

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Is the writing on the back of the RSX pink, or do you not remember.

Well just contact me on aim, msn, or yahoo next time you decide to go.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nuh uh..i dont think i saw anything pink on the car. appointment is thursday morning, so i will most likely be going this thursday

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Sweet. When do you normally get there?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, i usually get there right at 6, when the gates open...easiest time to get a bunch of runs in but i stay til like 9 or so. its funny, at idle, my short ram is really loud, and a few times when i get to the staging lights, the guy knocks on my window and tells me to turn off my a/c lol.

i dont know if i want to go if it rains though, its supposed to rain this thursday and next thursday! wtf! but its only isolated showers so i'm still going to try

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Ok well I'll look for you.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
which track do you guys go to? also from what ive noticed, texas summer times at the dragstrip are always lower than everywhere else :/ damn heat

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah seriously, i went from 10.4 best 10.6 avg with less mods to 10.7 best 10.8-9 avg in summer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts