Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting an 03 engine into my 01 and saw that the engine wiring harness main plug was different then the one on my car. Ok easy, swap the engine harness and away we go...

1 problem... the TPS is different.

Do they operate off the same voltages to where I can cut one plug off and wire the other one on and be good to go, or am I going to have to look for an entire new throttle body?

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
I believe you're good to go. I had a different TPS put on my car when I put on my FC throttle body, because apparently mine is a 2002.5 and those use a different one than a 2000-2002. Works fine.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Snip away :) I replaced mine, I put a 03 throttlebody on my 01 engine the plug differs thats it.. I snipped a matching pigtail from a wrecking yard and soldered it in place and works perfectly

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
heres the differences between the 2 TB's/TPS's

The only reason why I had to change my TB/TPS was that the First picture below is the original 01 TB/TPS which are no longer Available they were TSB's to the new fat style due to concerns for peoples safety and there tendencies to short making the car take off like a bat out of hell ( My Car had a CEl and would either Lurch or peel out just by touching the throttle) since I replaced it CEL's gone and drives perfectly again

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet! Thanks a lot. The last thing I wanted to do was drop this motor in and have the thing not run correctly. Glad to hear Im going to the updated TPS as well. I cant wait to get this thing back on the road!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
as long as u are running at about 1 volt under idle and 4 volts under wot, then you should be fine, it shouldn't matter which tps then.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
as long as u are running at about 1 volt under idle and 4 volts under wot, then you should be fine, it shouldn't matter which tps then.
that would be .9v(and under) to 4.9(and under)

both my TPS's read 4.57-4.85 at WOT so i would recheck that :)

the 4.57 is in my Wagon 1 right now, its not throwing out of perameters CEL codes anymore since i swapped it the 4.85 was throwing a CEl because with just of a touch it would short a little more would go back to normal reading..

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
last time i checked, its suppossed to be from 1.xx to 4ish. thats from the ford dealer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts