Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well replaced my TPS sensor again on my SVT since it started running like crap. It bogs down when I hit the accelerater and just sounds like crap. After 2 days it is now starting to act up again. It only bogs on acceleration. I almost got stuck on a hill as the car just didn't want to rev or have a power.

Could there be anything else I should be looking out for that's crapping out my TPS sensors prematurely? My CEL just came back on but I'm sure that's just a oxygen sensor.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Codes:

P0301 - misfire cylinder 1
P0303 - misfire cylinder 3
P0203 - fuel injecter circuit condition - injecter # 3

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man. I'm gonna do my fuel filter later today after work. I also didn't "hear" any vaccine leaks. I recently installed new plugs and just put on a new K&N filter. I will also cHeck my plugs and wires tonight too.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
check the harness leading to the coil. they often fray and crack. a replacement pigtail is available to splice in, isnt expensive.

Reactions: OrangeSVTguy

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
check the harness leading to the coil. they often fray and crack. a replacement pigtail is available to splice in, isnt expensive.
OK I'll check that next. After changing the fuel filter, it ran "like new" again for about 10 minutes then it started running like crap again. Almost sounds like a lawn mower and misfiring and all that bullshit I guess [:(]

When I downshift and let it coast it seems to run smooth but once I hit the gas again it bogs and sounds like crap.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe a vaccum leak or plugs/wires/coil

if none of those maybe the fuel pump...iono look at all the easys first
Hmmm... now that I think about it, when I changed my filter and started it up, I did remember hearing a noise coming from my gas tank while I crawling under my car and sounded like a high-pitched or whining kinda noise so now I'm wondering if it is my fuel pump....?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Tom. A buddy had a nice scanner and just put it on this morning and it's saying my injecter #3 is stuck open. So I need to see what's going on with that. I wonder if they could be dirty/clogged and just run some FI cleaner or seafoam might help?

Oh believe me, I'll be buying your xcal/tune here when I can. Just trying to get some money saved up.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ran Some FI cleaner in my gas tank and half seafoam can in my oil and the other sucked up through a vacuume line.

She's driving like new again. Last up before winter I need to do my timing belt. I'm at 115k now [eek]

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
sweet...i guess that stuff really works and yeah you better hurry up on that T belt rockauto sales some complete kits for pretty cheap

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I already bought the belt like 6 months ago haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts