Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to tell me what kind of voltage I should be reading at idle and at WOT?

Also with the key on but not running... if I press the throttle shouldn't the TPS voltage change???? it is basically just a reahstat (sp) isn't it??

I've gotten 2 or 3 TPS codes since Saturday... would a bad TPS cause the car not to start?

EDIT: right now it will show around 4.6v at idle.....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
replied to this on the other site, but basically, your tps is shorted, and the ECM is going into 'clear flood' mode, meaning the injectors won't pulse. Hence why you can't start the car.

Unplug your TPS, the car should start right up (it will run sluggish, and throw a CEL, but it will run)

I had a hard time finding a local parts store that stocked the TPS, ended up having to order it.

·
FF Affiliate
30,974 Posts
At idle you could see from .4 to .9 volt and WOT you could see from 4.7 to 4.99 volts

YES you should see the value go up as you step on the throttle

We talked about the TPS Sat and i said something about unhooking it but im guessing you didnt try that

Tom

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We did??? I must have missed that during one of my pissed off episodes LOL

·
Registered
147 Posts
Please do elaborate on what you were in pissed off mode about!!![:D]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hey John, I carry a spare TPS I've eaten one in each....,with that much v. @ idle i think it's bad...

Edit: The 03 I think have their own model tps, check the ford # on the back of the tps when ordering...

·
Registered
456 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
We did??? I must have missed that during one of my pissed off episodes LOL
He was too busy thinking about how he was going to write his post about my car [;)] [:p]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts