Focus Fanatics Forum banner

TPS Light came on

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  fallacious_focus 
#1 ·
So I recently had my 17 inch wheels put on this weekend. I was driving down the road & my TPS system flashed up saying "Tire pressure monitor fault". What's the deal with this?

#2 ·
I believe you have to have something changed when you change you wheel size on the new models if im not mistaken. I remember reading about people having trouble like that

#9 ·
I think they are strapped around the wheel and because the OEM wheels are 16's they wouldn't fit on a bigger wheel size. At least that is what Tire Rack says.

#8 ·
Yeah I recently upgraded to 17's on my 08 and I knew the TPMS light was going to come on since I didn't bother to buy new sensors for them. It's no biggie, just press reset every time the warning chime comes on and your set. This won't make the light turn off but it will clear your message screen and stop the warning chime from ringing over and over. It's a little annoying having to deal with it but I got used to it. Besides, it way cheaper to just deal with the inconvenience than having to schill out another $350 buck for new TPMS sensors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.