Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to install a used fc tb that I bought used. Well it dident fit my car! So now that i put my stock TB back on, my car dies when stop or pull my car out of gear! Is it my tps thats bad now or is my tb leaking. I felt like I might have striped one of the screws but the rest felt fine. Or does my computer just need to catch back up? Please help. Im so pissed off at my self and im broke and hope it doesent cost me much!
thanks
greg

·
Registered
717 Posts
What year is your Focus and which t/b did you buy(for which model year) ? Curious why it didn't work.

Could be you have an air leak if you did indeed strip out the thread on the manifold, metal screws into plastic, so you do have to be super careful... If that's the case, you are probably going to have to put some epoxy in there and then tap it out.

If it's the TPS, not terribly expensive, but then again I haven't priced one out in a while.

I know that doesn't help you much. [8]

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was helping greg install that t/b on his car and the reason it did not work was because his car is a 2002 and the t/b he purchased was one to a 2003. Luckly my car is a 2003 and it worked perfectly no problems at all with the install. I really like how it makes the car really pick up in the low gears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts