Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Focus the issue I am having is that the throttle only seems to work up to 1/4 of the way down, if I put it to the floor it makes no difference, it still accelerates as if I am pushing the throttle down a quarter of the way. At highway speeds the car will accelerate slightly while I have the pedal held stationary, in the same spot and I have to let off to stay at the same speed. It has a check engine light that is giving me the code P0122; for "Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit Low Input". I tested the sensor and there were no dips in the voltage. I used a digital voltage meter that read through each .01 of a volt throughout the test smoothly. The line to the PCM gave me 4.9 volts. I have replaced the sensor 3 times. First with one off of my zetec. Then I tried an autozone one with no luck. So I tried one from a local junkyard thinking maybe it had to be an oem part and still nothing. None of the sensors changed the way the car drove. I don't know where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you have access to a scan tool you can verify what the ecm is seeing and wiggle some harnesses and stuff to see if theres an effect. Keep your meter hooked up and compare. If you verified 4.9 supply voltage you can bet its either the return signal voltage wiring or signal ground wiring. Check the voltages at the ecm and compare to voltages at sensor.

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
Good idea, a real time data read would show what PCM is reading off TPS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a program called forscan that might read the ecm values for the tps. I'll test it tonight and get back to you guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts