Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had any problems with one of their tires always loosing air? i have one tire that constantly looses about 10 PSI and i don't know why. my tires are always rotated and inspected at every oil change and i replaced the valve stem on it, but it still runs low... any thoughts?[ffrocks]

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Put your tire in water and see where the bubbles come from.

If you can't do that, rub water with soap on your tire. Same effect apppy.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Sometimes they lose air around the bead.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sometimes they lose air around the bead.
I agree with the 2 prior posts. Tires lose air from the tire, valve or bead. If it is enough of a leak, it will make bubbles in water.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
My experience a slow leak is usually the valve stem. Even just the screw in internal part.. Spit into the valve stem, then loosen it enough to let a little air hiss out then retighten.
I would say a full half of my slow leaks got repaired by just doing th valve stem.
Plenty of little tools sold with the odd tool needed to remove/loosen/tighten the inner part of the outer valve stem. The bet part is the valve stem thing is 100% free (aside from the $3.99 tool, which will last a lifetime)

Next is a small hole. A nail or bit of glass cuts a tiny bit you really cannot see as the item comes back out while driving.
The water tank bubbles thing should help. Usually the tire is inflated pretty hgh to 'help' it show up.Yes yo can do it yourself, but that is very tedious without a tank or pool deep enough. It is just hard to see a small leak

1 - 6 of 6 Posts