Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been shopping for a set of winter wheels for my Ti.
Been keeping my eye out for a set of Taurus alloys, but so far all of the ones I've found were in pretty awful shape.

It seems that Ford dealers on this side of the border are running a special on winter wheels. I was quoted $125 each for the 16" factory alloys that the Focus SE has! I don't think I can pass up that deal. That doesn't include tires, I kept my winter tires off my old car for this purpose.

Anyway, my question is about the TPMS sensors. They quoted me $60 per sensor, which is ridiculous, drives the cost up too much. I figured I could find them cheaper on ebay or something.

My understanding is we need TPMS-12.

eBay pretty much brought up these when I searched for TPMS-12. $40 per sensor is still pretty pricy, add shipping, etc.

So the part number according to that is: 9L3Z-1A189-A

Now...
I found these ones, much more reasonable at $100 for all 4. However it doesn't mention TPMS-12, but list pretty much every other Ford model -except- the 2012 Focus.
Part number on those says: 9L3T-1A180
But they look identical to me... and why would Ford use a completely different part on -only- the Focus?

Anyone want to clear things up? Maybe someone who works at a Ford dealer. The parts desk guy at my dealer didn't know a whole lot about the '12 Focus.

·
Registered
267 Posts
TPMS 12 is the correct part# for the sensors, the 9L3Z 1A189 A is this same thing. Just a FORD part# VS a Motorcraft. As for the ID# the seller is giving on EBay. It does not work in my system, but they certainly do look the same. The TPMS12 seems to fit every FORD model using the valve stem style TPMS. I have not come across any other FORD or Motorcraft# for this style.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just a heads up, if you go to the dealer and offer them $45.00 each they probably wouldn't say no.. I know I wouldn't turn down the sale

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry just reread the post.. 16" alloys for $125.. I think the parts guy made a mistake. I do not see this option in my winter tire packages.. my guide says $130 for a 15" steel. I'd be scooping those 16's if they'll do that price!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry just reread the post.. 16" alloys for $125.. I think the parts guy made a mistake. I do not see this option in my winter tire packages.. my guide says $130 for a 15" steel. I'd be scooping those 16's if they'll do that price!

Thanks for the reply!

So if TPMS-12 and 9L3Z-1A189-A are the same thing...
As for the 1A180 ones, I came across this: 9L3T-1A180-AE .. same code with an E on the end. Not sure if it'll make a difference in your search. However they seem to be easier to find for sale on ebay for some reason.

Secondly for the wheels, two different guys quoted me that, so I am tempted to order them, especially for that price. I thought they were 300-400 each usually. Here's the part # he gave me: CV6Z-1007D-WSP
which I assume is this wheel .. Maybe you can double check that one for me.

Thanks again!

All these part numbers and interchange things are confusing :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
TPMS Sensors

If you can live with the light on the dash, why not forget the sensors? On suggestion from my dealer this is the way I will be approaching the issue.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want to have to stare at the dash light all the time. It'd annoy the crap out of me after a while, lol.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nope, even adding the E to the end of that# I can't get get it to change to a FORD#
I reverse catalogue the FORD# and the ID# I show is 9L3T 1A180 BB, so I really don't know what to say about this ID# floating about with the A or the AE at the end. But FORD is funny sometimes with their number change ups.

Now as for that wheel#.. I can't find any info on it in my parts system. However the
CV6Z does tell me it's for a 2012 Focus, and the 1007 indicates it is either an Aluminum or Alloy wheel, definitely not steel. The DWSP part I am assuming is something like "Dealer Winter Sales Program" or something of the like. Wish FORD would give us all the same information.. but thanks, you just taught me something new.. I can go home now! Oh and the price of $125 a wheel seems reasonable as they retail at $158.33

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nope, even adding the E to the end of that# I can't get get it to change to a FORD#
I reverse catalogue the FORD# and the ID# I show is 9L3T 1A180 BB, so I really don't know what to say about this ID# floating about with the A or the AE at the end. But FORD is funny sometimes with their number change ups.

Now as for that wheel#.. I can't find any info on it in my parts system. However the
CV6Z does tell me it's for a 2012 Focus, and the 1007 indicates it is either an Aluminum or Alloy wheel, definitely not steel. The DWSP part I am assuming is something like "Dealer Winter Sales Program" or something of the like. Wish FORD would give us all the same information.. but thanks, you just taught me something new.. I can go home now! Oh and the price of $125 a wheel seems reasonable as they retail at $158.33
Sometimes you just have to ditg for the info. Found a bulletin, those are 16" Alloys, thanks again. Good to know!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sometimes you just have to ditg for the info. Found a bulletin, those are 16" Alloys, thanks again. Good to know!
Cool :3

Do they give you pictures of what they look like?
(ie, are they these ones?

I know there's a few different kinds, there's grey painted/machined ones like the ones I linked, then there's 2 different styles as well.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Be careful with the sensors, I had read somewhere that 2012 Focus used some new version that wasn't the same as older vehicles (it was also the same as one of the new Ford trucks, forgot which).

I know TireRack said they had the correct version, but I never asked if it was compatible with previous versions or not.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
So I've been shopping for a set of winter wheels for my Ti.
Been keeping my eye out for a set of Taurus alloys, but so far all of the ones I've found were in pretty awful shape.

It seems that Ford dealers on this side of the border are running a special on winter wheels. I was quoted $125 each for the 16" factory alloys that the Focus SE has! I don't think I can pass up that deal. That doesn't include tires, I kept my winter tires off my old car for this purpose.

Anyway, my question is about the TPMS sensors. They quoted me $60 per sensor, which is ridiculous, drives the cost up too much. I figured I could find them cheaper on ebay or something.

My understanding is we need TPMS-12.

eBay pretty much brought up these when I searched for TPMS-12. $40 per sensor is still pretty pricy, add shipping, etc.

So the part number according to that is: 9L3Z-1A189-A

Now...
I found these ones, much more reasonable at $100 for all 4. However it doesn't mention TPMS-12, but list pretty much every other Ford model -except- the 2012 Focus.
Part number on those says: 9L3T-1A180
But they look identical to me... and why would Ford use a completely different part on -only- the Focus?

Anyone want to clear things up? Maybe someone who works at a Ford dealer. The parts desk guy at my dealer didn't know a whole lot about the '12 Focus.
When I was looking for tpms sensors in august I e-mail'd him and he replied that they will in fact work on all 2012 ford focus models. At the time I was looking his price was about $212 shipped including the reset trigger. Prices have dropped since, however the part number is the same.

You might want to e-mail him, he is quick with his replies and he appears to be a ford parts dealer specializing in mustang's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts