Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled over and checked my tire pressure with my gauge. They are all fine. I put snow tires on two weeks ago and had to wake up the new TMPS in each new tire and rim. That seemed to go OK. I guess I will do that process again. [?|]

On another note; I was able to drive to work at normal highway speeds. Unlike some cars that restrict performance when a tire sensor comes on, thankfully the Focus does not. I would have been real mad if I could not drive the car at normal speed due to a faulty reading from a sensor.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I pulled over and checked my tire pressure with my gauge. They are all fine. I put snow tires on two weeks ago and had to wake up the new TMPS in each new tire and rim. That seemed to go OK. I guess I will do that process again. [?|]

On another note; I was able to drive to work at normal highway speeds. Unlike some cars that restrict performance when a tire sensor comes on, thankfully the Focus does not. I would have been real mad if I could not drive the car at normal speed due to a faulty reading from a sensor.
Mine came on the next day after purchased, had a pin hole in the side wall. Had it not been for the tmps i would have never known it was 20 psi under the rest. This is because i have the 18" low profile tires and you really cant tell when there that low.
Glad i have them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Did your car honk 2x at you when you finished and did your display say "Training Complete" on your dash when you started it up after the "training"? Either way, I guess go through it again but is it possible that one of the TPM sensors was not installed properly or came loose from the valve?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It gave the honks and the dash did give me the "Training Complete" all clear signal.

Well I got them from Tire Rack, they have good customer service, so I will contact them if I have a problem.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Well I got them from Tire Rack, they have good customer service, so I will contact them if I have a problem.
They certainly do. I ordered my winters last Saturday and had them shipped to the dealer. The dealer is going to throw them on Friday when I go in for for my first service, reprogram the sensors, tire size, etc.

About an hour after I placed the order, tire rack called just to make sure I knew this had to be done (which I did). Good job by them for checking upfront and trying to take care of a potential issue before it became an actual issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought snow tires from tire rack and they also called me to verify that I knew about the TMPS. About 60 miles into driving after the snows were on, my TMPS light came on. I turned the car off, started it, and have had no problem since. I'm hoping that it was just the system resetting.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've not had TPMS in any cars I've owned - our government Impalas had them, monitoring each tire individually. When getting new tires at America's Tire Company for other cars/trucks, I've heard them advise customers to change the TPMS monitors with their new tires "Only $8 each." I think was the spiel. What's the consensus - good idea or clever up-sale? [scratch]

·
Registered
296 Posts
I bought snow tires from tire rack and they also called me to verify that I knew about the TMPS. About 60 miles into driving after the snows were on, my TMPS light came on. I turned the car off, started it, and have had no problem since. I'm hoping that it was just the system resetting.
Mine did this too. I got my winter tires and wheels from 1010tires here in Vancouver, and had them installed last week. I was almost at the end of my first morning commute on the winter tires, so when I got to work I did a quick pressure check and all four tires were fine. No recurrence on the evening drive home.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just installed my tires and did the sensors. Got all 4 honks before shutting it off all clear.

I'll obv keep my eye out for this. Seems weird if the car responds you would think you'd be good to go.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My light came on this evening. Wife was driving and told when she picked me up.
Car has been shut off once for 1/2 hour, light still on. Will look into it more tomorrow.
Winter tires have been on for about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I checked my tires when I got home. one tire was over inflated. I lowered down to the correct amount and match all the rest and the light is still on. The light is also on my wife's Mountaineer. Geeeze

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx Nick at Tire Rack!!! I filled up my Bizzak to 35.5 and the sensor is now off.

The car door jam says 39 lbs for the 18" PS3's. Is that right?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I was reading a techical article on another site and it stated that the TPMS units are suppose to trigger the warning when pressures fall 30% below the recommended tire pressure established by the car manufacturer. If that's true then the TPMS warning should be triggered at 24.5psi on a tire that require 35psi as an example. They are not intended to read excess pressures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts