Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate this. I want an aintake...I figured I'd get a Volant...cause i heard so much good stuff about it, and everyone's like "it's the absolute best" then i started researching it on these forums and im torn between ICEMAN and the Volant, it's such a hard decision, anything you can do to persuade me toward either one. I'm looking for the BEST power + Torque gains.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
They both work and are going to have similar performance...I went through the same agony with my intake, if you get a chance to see both decide on which one looks better made to you and go with that..We are not talking a big dif. in power, so go with build quality..

·
Registered
318 Posts
how about getting the new CAI by AEM called the V2, my friend has it on his cavalier and says it rocks the house better than the original AEM CAI. Look into the V2 by AEM before you decide.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on looks, the ICEMAN looks like it's out of a freakin cartoon. The volant is better in looks, i read that the ICEMAN produces more torque though. Do they make the V2 for a focus even?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, i checked the website, they don't even make it for the focus yet. So that's out, im probably going with the Volant cause there's so much hype about it.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I think that AEM is a good brand but over priced.

U can get the ICEMAN in black so it looks like the stock intake if you don't want any color.
Anyway...The ICEMAN snorkle is HUGH compared to the stock and SVT snorkle.
Also, the plastic on the ICEMAN is thicker, smoother and the quality is better.
The stock snorkles are made of cheap plastic like happy meal toys...[:)]
[thumbd]

You also get the resonator duct, which is also a lot bigger than the pictures you see on line.

I had the same dilima as you but I bought the ICEMAN because I don't plan on getting a RAM hood and didn't want to bother with closing that hugh hole in the Volant air box.

I think both have about the same HP and the ICEMAN has a bit more torque.

I think if your looking at getting a RAM hood in the future, then get the Volant, otherwise, I'd go with the ICEMAN...

Good luck on making your decision...

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I got the iceman and I like it heard alot of good stuff about volant to. I chose the iceman over the volant because of the price differance.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Exactly the same dilemma for me, but finally I decided on the Volant mainly because later I have the possibility to add a ram air hood - and for me it looks better [;)]

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man...it's tough, im probably gonna get the volant, cause i want a ram air hood evetually. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i never had a doubt in my mind never even considered another intake besides the Volant

·
Registered
456 Posts
Solaris said:
i never had a doubt in my mind never even considered another intake besides the Volant
That is sorta how it was with me... and I do plan on getting a ram air hood eventually, prolly not for a good while though.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
microtonal said:
I had the same dilima as you but I bought the ICEMAN because I don't plan on getting a RAM hood and didn't want to bother with closing that hugh hole in the Volant air box.

Just to clarify this, you don't have to "close" that hole since it seals to the hood if installed correctly. Just wanted people to know that it wasn't just a gaping open hole even when the hood is down.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
microtonal said:
Psst, that is me that started that topic, and after realizing that the seal seated on the hood fairly snug, I realized you don't need the foam ( I found this out by putting baby powder on the seal surround, and then closing the hood, open it up and you could see that the seal touched the hood all around. Even without the liner, you don't need the foam, the foam is if you want an even tighter seal, which I'm not sure is really necessary and could be detrimental to the intake tubing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts