Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My touchscreen went blank yesterday. No Sirus/radio, no rearview camera, no voice recognition, etc. Service manager said he has seen this problem on other Ford models but this is the first Focus he has seen. He said problem is with the Sony unit and probably needs a re-flash which will take an hour or more.

Goes in Friday. They will also be replacing the leather seat cover on the driver's side since it is missing the word FOCUS. All the other seats are okay. I'm surprised this was missed at the factory and at the dealership.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The Focus embroidery... must be only on the interior style packages right? My basic charcoal black leather doesn't have it.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Have you tried pulling fuses? For me, pulling 67 (check your driver's manual, though) and putting it back in 5 minutes later fixed this. A lot of other people on the forums have pulled fuse 79 - just do them both at the same time.

Owners Manuals:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...wnerGuidePage&year=2012&make=Ford&model=Focus

I also got the MyFord Touch Gen2 v2.11 update from my dealer. Although, my system is still lagging a little...

Too bad on the seat covers and good luck with everything else!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Focus embroidery... must be only on the interior style packages right? My basic charcoal black leather doesn't have it.
Not embroidery. The word FOCUS is embossed in the leather & I assume it is only for the style packages

·
Registered
41 Posts
As for the factory quality checks, my driver's door was 1/4" too low, noticeable from 20 yard away. The dealer body shop fixed it, but it took a few trips.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh...

Well, took my car into the shop today and it was returned to me 6 hours later. They said they couldn't find anything wrong with the Sony radio or touchscreen so they did not re-flash like they said they would. They put the new seat back on the driver's seat and it looks terrible. It is not stretched tight enough so it has a half dozen puckers/wrinkles in it. The service manager said it would tighten over time to which I said "no you fit it or take it to an upholstery shop so they can fix it. It should look like the rest of the seats ...nice & tight"

On the way home the touchscreen froze and would not respond by touching or by the controls on the steering wheel. I returned to Ford. They could not get it to respond and when they turned off the ignition the radio continued to play. I told them to pull fuse number 67 which they did and after 10 minutes they reinstalled the fuse and all was well.

So it will return to the shop on Wednesday for them to re-flash and to correct that awful looking seat. Yup, they said about 6 hours.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Double Ugh!

Well, I returned to the dealer this morning for the re-flash which will correct the touchscreen freezing problem. They were also going to tighten the leather seat back cover on the driver's side. They had to replace the seat back cover last week due to a defect and the new one they installed is not tight and has a lot of puckers.

The re-flash went as scheduled and I was told it should be okay now - actually they installed a new update (BT4T14D544BM). However, I was told they could do nothing to correct the seat cover problem and to contact Ford Customer Relations to dispute. I contacted Ford Customer Relations and they said they standby the dealer's decision since there is no adjustment that can be done to the seat to remove the puckers. I requested they send another leather seat back cover and they told me they are Customer Relations and they can take no action other then to inform me to contact the salesperson who sold me the vehicle to see what they can do for me. OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! Like dealing with the freaking Federal Government. I contacted the salesperson who was stunned and said you gotta be kidding! I told her it looked terrible and I wanted it fixed. She will call me back when she has a resolution.

So as you can see, Ford's fix to their problems is to put the monkey on the dealer's back instead of addressing and correcting their problem. Called not accepting responsibility AND not accepting ownership.

So you be the judge. Here are 2 pictures of the drivers seat and one of the passenger seat for a comparison.

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/PDQSSR/Ford%20Focus%20Seat/

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree, it should be fixed! I'd raise complete hell with them until they do something about it. Quality is completely unacceptable to me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Make sure you contact FordCustomerService here on the forums, Natasha is usually really good at helping. Just tell her your VIN, dealer, and location and explain the issue. Show her the pictures too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure you contact FordCustomerService here on the forums, Natasha is usually really good at helping. Just tell her your VIN, dealer, and location and explain the issue. Show her the pictures too.
How do I contact? Got a user name? Thanks!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
So as you can see, Ford's fix to their problems is to put the monkey on the dealer's back instead of addressing and correcting their problem. Called not accepting responsibility AND not accepting ownership.
That is pretty much what they told when when I called them on the MFT problems. They said let the dealer deal with it, if the dealer won't deal with it... we don't care.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You are absolutely correct and should demand the seat be tight like the other one. Your pictures make it very obvious that there is a problem. It's a shame that you have to fight them to make it right.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The service manager said it would tighten over time to which I said "no you fit it or take it to an upholstery shop so they can fix it. It should look like the rest of the seats ...nice & tight"
Leather does not tighten over time, more than anything else it will soften up. And especially one that is loose will wear down really quick and will never look the same as the other.

Definitely demand it be fixed, though Ford service is... wait did I say service? nevermind.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That seat looks absolutely awful. I have faith that they'll make it right just as long as you don't take the pressure off them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts