Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this should be in the exterior section but oh well. i have a '00 pitch black zx3 with a few chips and scratches and the like (thanks alot previous owner). anywho, is this touch up paint right? it says UA, UB, UD,YC PM-19500-1724A. these numbers just confuse me. anyone? thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've never seen a paint code number like that elemnt... definatly go with the color chart that mikeyboy.com has supplied you with here...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
you could have also checked with a ford dealer. they should have been able to tell you what kind of paint you would have needed

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked the paint codes even before i posted this. nothing remotely like those numbers. i was going to get it from my ford dealer but he had to order it. Then my grandma got me this for Christmas and I'm not sure if it's right. BTW my paint codes inside the door arent remotely like the codes on that thread, or maybe i'm looking in the wrong place

·
Registered
456 Posts
When I had my scratch I just went down to a body shop and the guy touched it up for me for free. You might be able to get some touch up paint from a local body shop.

·
Registered
601 Posts
elemnt92 said:
thats a good idea, but part of me wants to get the exact colour from ford
with ur car being a 2000 (and such a dark color) it may be hard to match exactly due to fading and all but I would go to the ford dealer....I had some scratches on mine and the touch up paint color is so close, u really have to look for it...costs more from a dealer but well worth it..I think I paid around 10 bucks for it in VA

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Not that it helps you, but that was one of the cool things my dealer did for me. At Christmas last year we got a card from our ford dealer with a free tube of our color touch up paint and a copy of ford's in house magazine with it...Kinda cool. By the way, Deihls' ford in Garret county ( grantsville) Md. nice guys, and no I don't work there...just a good dealership.

·
Registered
580 Posts
elemnt92-

here's a site that has chips of PPG paint and their corresponding factory color names/codes:

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?2000-ford-pg04.jpg

that "ebony" there looks like a match with your codes - UA, UB, UD. i know it doesn't say "pitch black" but ford has a tendency to change paint color names based on their marketing segment (hence why my zinc yellow focus is actually called "eggyolk yellow" for some inexplicable reason ;)

you should be able to get touch-up in those codes (UA, UB, UD) or if you have a shop mix it or paint it for you, then can look up this PPG code since that's probably the type of paint they'll be using anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey anyone knows where i can get zinc yellow touch up paint?
cant seem to find any at autozone and wallmart...

·
Registered
756 Posts
THe best place to go to get a perfect match is-
Your local body shop/paint supply store.
Ask them to mix you a small amount(let them know what it is for, most will accomodate you:)

Then, after you touch up the paint, you will have a "blob".
This is where Mothers Paint Chip Repair Kit comes in (it is the same as Langka made under license- Langka:)
It "levels out" the "blob" and makes it look like a professional touch up:)

I now have it in stock for only $12.50 for the kit.
Email for more info...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts