Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my car on the rocker panel or whatever the hell it is called, the paint is chipping, and i want a quick way to touch it up or something and want advice

theres the piece im talking about, today i looked at it, its not rusting, its just was air bubbles when it was repainted as theres a space there, but going onto the rear quarter and down its solidly painted. so what can i do to make it look good, sand paint n clear, or any temp thing i can do?

suggestions would be awesome, im thinking a small brush after sanding to apply primer and LG paint and itll be aight?

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
That looks like the kind of problem that is only going to get worse, propably a flaw in the primer on the side skirt., or countless other paint chemistry issues. You could touch it up with touch up paint, then clear over it, will look better and help seal it, and possibly slow any further damage down, but it's only a bandaid fix, this looks like something that will have to be sanded down to the surface and re-primed and painted.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the link, im just afriad since its that ENTIRE crevis it may not work or end up bad or rust...so at same time ima put clear coat on it as well, spray in cup and use brush to apply and hope for the best....

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
I've got the same problem going on. I always blamed it on road construction. Whenever I turn the radio off I can hear the gravel and debris hitting the car and I just cringe...

Is it just the area below the door or has it reached the door too?

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
i would go to the place that did the work and throw a fit, they might warranty a paint bubble.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its only where the groove is, like it was paint to thick or air was trapped inside cuz i pushed on it and i broke the paint

and i cant pete, its hard to explain but i cant :(

nice thing is its a spot no one really notices and its in the groove so i hope it works out, gonna do it today i think...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts