Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally a newb when it comes to upgrading engine internals, I did a few searches but it wasn't really covered in any details that I could find.

I would like to upgrade my internals at some point, now will I need to pull the engine to do this or is this something that can be done mounted to my car. Not that i'd do it myself but just curious...

I was thinking perhaps new Cylinder Head, Pistons and Rods.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I would highly recommend removing it from the car. Compressing piston rings and lubericating stuff upside-down just doesn't sound like it's done easily.

I've never pulled an engine myself, but I don't think you can do it without pulling the engine.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i think that it would be possilbe to put new pistons and rods in while the engine is in the car. its not going to be easy to do.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess its making sense now....probably could be done but definetly looking like pulling the engine is easier.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
First off, when you want to remove the pistons, your gonna have to remove the oil pan just to get to the bolts around the crank....100 times easier to pull the engine and do it. With the engine pulled you can keep it in a cleaner area to keep debri from finding its way inside the engine.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
if i were you i would go to ford and buy an empty block for about 200 bucks and send it to mcnews and have them build it..no headache at all, and he quoted me 1500 and that was for everything even bore and all..then all you would need to do is buy that head your talkin about, drop your cams in it and then switch engines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts