Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrecked my 2013 Titanium today, boohoo! I would assume it's totalled the passenger tire totally came off. It has 31,000 miles on it, was immaculate, not a single scratch etc. This was totally my fault, I rear ended someone at a red light at about 40 mph. I tried to avoid him and hit him offset on my passenger side, I did a 180 after. I have to say, it handled the crash really well, I have not even a scratch, the other person was okay too, well for now anyway. No airbags deployed though, is it because I had no passenger so the sensors had them off? Really odd to me though. It had everything except the park assist. I will see what happens, luckily I have a Replacement Cost Endorsement on policy, so they pay for a brand new one without depreciation if they total this one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1yHVxUddxA_R1ZKc045VTVIQnM/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1yHVxUddxA_eHc1Y283SDFXVkU/view?usp=sharing

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Yeah I am going with totaled...Good thing you have that policy though...

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
dang!!!... this is the most damage I've seen on the MK3 section !

Well you managed to kill it well ;)

At this point if its not totaled (engine looks like it moved also), I would not touch the car with a ten foot pole!

Glad you are ok

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The car is totalled, yes. I hope you were not on the phone... Glad you are ok and the other person too. Even if you had a passager, he would had been ok. The airbag probably didn't deploy because the cabin look pretty much intact.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was stopped at a stop light and a jeep Cherokee hit me doing probably 30 or so. I believe he was on his phone, he had no insurance and was fine. my brand new focus however, insurance company placed a 12k repair estimate.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I was stopped at a stop light and a jeep Cherokee hit me doing probably 30 or so. I believe he was on his phone, he had no insurance and was fine. my brand new focus however, insurance company placed a 12k repair estimate.
That figures= A jackoff on the horn w/ no insurance. That your ok. Hows your neck?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well let me rephrase that.. he had insurance, but it wasn't active. So we got nothing anyhow. And there was no horn. I looked in my rearview and saw a jeep coming down. Put the clutch and floored and got hit before i finished pulling out the clutch. My neck is fine.. unfortunately.. haha

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'm glad your ok. You really wouldn't want to go thru any neck issues.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
So Scott, how did you manage to be driving 40 miles per hour and be so distracted that you slammed into the rear end of another car ?

Yeah everyone on here feels bad for your Focus. But I tell you this, if I were on the receiving end of your careless driving, I'd be mad as hell and it would be on between you and me.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
tabarnak/ omg Squad-G lollll it's a sad thread !!!

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Well let me rephrase that.. he had insurance, but it wasn't active. So we got nothing anyhow.
If its really what I understand that in US the one who's fault pays for damage?

How shitty is that... means if the guy at fault don't have insurance you don't get your car repaired?!?! [dunno]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Woah, that's almost exact! Waiting on the adjuster to look the car, I really hope they declare a total loss, would suck to deal with it afterward, I don't think it would drive the same. And to those asking, no I wasn't on the phone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If its really what I understand that in US the one who's fault pays for damage?

How shitty is that... means if the guy at fault don't have insurance you don't get your car repaired?!?! [dunno]
It depends on the state, most states have Uninsured Motorist coverage to cover your vehicle if they do not have Insurance or perhaps not enough.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
It depends on the state, most states have Uninsured Motorist coverage to cover your vehicle if they do not have Insurance or perhaps not enough.
Wow...

An uninsured motorist clause is a provision commonly found in United States automobile insurance policies that provides for a driver to receive damages for any injury he or she receives from an uninsured, negligent driver. The owner of the policy pays a premium to the insurance company to include this clause.
...still shitty tho.... to pay for bad guys...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts