Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week I will have a ford tech installing a Torsen T-2 Differential and 4.06 gear set into my focus. I am tacking it to a ford shop for all the work and they want to know what needs to be done and I can’t tell them. I think I need them to install new Diff Bearings, drive shaft seals, all gear syncros, and bearings. I read on some forums that I should get new slave cylinder, output shaft, transmission coating, and slick shift upgraded fork kit. What are your thoughts on this? I don’t know anything when it comes to this can you please help.

Thanks

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
^ sounds exactly like a kogbox tranny, Haynes makes them...thats pretty much going all out on the tranny, it gets the grind outa third and just makes the thing a whole lot better (more like a zx2 tranny)...in reality you dont need anything but the tools required for installing those parts, unless there is something wrong with your tranny.. the gears go right on the diff..but if you wanna fork out another 1k then go for the other stuff as well, but most would say its over kill because the tranny has been proven to be able to stand 500whp (tom)

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
from what i heard..the only thing neccessary to do with the actual transmission is just the differential...the gears include that..they dont need to be changed, just kinda like a performance mod...how much is he going to charge for the install, and do you have problems with syncros already? if not, dont worry about them, if he is willing to check for you and tell you how it is holdin up while he is in there then that is one thing, but dont waste your money on perfectly good parts

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
yea that is a good idea, pretty much any mtx-75 user has experienced grinding into third, you NEVER see this on a zx2 because they already have this blocker, if he said he will do it for that cheap, hell yea do it

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
They are both in the shop

Well my tyranny will be done Friday and I will get it in by next week. I'm stocked then I go on a 4 day bike ride so I cant run my car for a week or so but ill let you all know how she runs. Torsen T-2 Differential and 4.06 gears here I come

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.