Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times on here if some one wants to post me a link to an old thread that would be great, but what makes better torque a supercharger or turbo charger and who makes the best kit. sorry but i'm new

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
xios has been saying that their kit is going to be coming out for longer than i have been into foci. with tom out of the game you will either have to get a supercharger or get a custom turbo install. if you choose a supercharger i would recommend the procharger since it has the ability to do more than 15psi.

·
Registered
745 Posts
when did tom go out of business??? this is news to me...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
he made his choice a couple of weeks ago, and the guys from xios told me personally july at the latest

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
They said that last year.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
They said that last year.....
I am the director of Xios Motorworks and for the record, the earliest date I mentioned for the release of the SVT turbo kit was sometime around the beginning of 2006. One member of this forum was going to modify our ZX3 kit to work on the SVT and mentioned it, without authorization, back in 03/05. We even put a set of ZX3 parts and a modified GT-28R into production for him before receiving a deposit. The end result was that he fell off our radar and we were stuck with his kit and no payment.

Regardless, there were many unforseen obstacles that prevented the kit from being released at the beginning of 2006 and at such an early stage, I should have known better than to even offer a potential release date. Also, to clear up any misconceptions, our SVT turbo kit is a completely new kit with a conventional turbo manifold mounted ball bearing GT-28RS turbo with an optional equal legth tubular manifold, not a remoteley mounted modified version of our ZX3 kit. I believe that quality is more impotant than immediacy and as such have decided to spend more time on the development of this kit to assure that it is of the highest quality. The last thing I want is for customers to run into problems after install when they could have been addressed in development. The July release date mentioned earlier is our current estimate. I would post more information here but as I am not currently a supporting vendor of this forum, I'm not sure if that would be within the guidelines.

Just wanted to clear that up [:)]

·
Registered
108 Posts
Krazy Koncepts in Portland, Oregon makes sweet turbo kits for the Zetec Foci's. I got the first one and there is a couple more here in the NW that are pickin them up. They are really nice kits! If you have any q's shoot me a pm. :)

Just the basics in the pic here. Yes its a full complete kit, and its all stainless steel and everything is top quality!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Amlos- I know it's a pretty ambiguous question to ask you as your still developing the kit but do you have a ball park estimate for the WHP for your kit on the SVT?

Rikuum- What WHP are you running on your ZX3 with that kit?

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anaxagoras1986 said:
Amlos- I know it's a pretty ambiguous question to ask you as your still developing the kit but do you have a ball park estimate for the WHP for your kit on the SVT?

Rikuum- What WHP are you running on your ZX3 with that kit?
and a torque rating would be nice to, since it is what i posted this for

·
FF Affiliate
30,879 Posts
Why do people stick with that out dated cheap AZZ GT28RS turbo its a 20 year old turbo with ball bearings added , there are MUSH BETTER turbos on the market

Tom

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...like...?? ....cause....??

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
1turbofocus said:
Why do people stick with that out dated cheap AZZ GT28RS turbo its a 20 year old turbo with ball bearings added , there are MUSH BETTER turbos on the market

Tom
EASY.... you're gonna hurt my feelings[:p]

·
Registered
773 Posts
Rikuum said:
Krazy Koncepts in Portland, Oregon makes sweet turbo kits for the Zetec Foci's. I got the first one and there is a couple more here in the NW that are pickin them up. They are really nice kits! If you have any q's shoot me a pm. :)

Just the basics in the pic here. Yes its a full complete kit, and its all stainless steel and everything is top quality!
Sweet kit, ill be looking to go turbo early next year what am I gona be lookin @ costwise to pick up one of thoes???

thanks
-Sarif2029

1 - 17 of 17 Posts