Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I purchased a new torque strut for my wife's 2007 Ford focus. Her car has an automatic trans. I ordered it at my local Ford dealer, and was told and sent a roll restrictor that looks different from the one that goes on the manual transmission, it larger but the width is the same at both bolt locations. Anyways, I ordered it without going under the car, and upon picking it up and jacking up the car, the mount that is on there now is identical to the manual transmission roll restrictor mount and looks different from my brand new one. Is this a new updated version of the mount? Does this seem correct? Perhaps someone put the wrong mount in as a replacement and it fit? Or did I get the wrong one? Can someone please clarify if possible. Thanks

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
What is the pn of the part the Ford dealer sold you?

Paul

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
5S4Z6068AA
That is the correct pn.

5S4Z6068AA is used for all 2005-2007 Focus with 2.0L engine regardless of transmission type.

The design of these mounts has changed a bit over the years and they are used across multiple platforms. The design of the aluminum housing was revised - probably to save cost (for them). The existing part is probably correct for when it was installed.

Good luck
Paul

Reactions: DadMobile

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,395 Posts
Make sure you use the plastic sleeve that is inside one of the holes.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Pbfoot do you by chance know the dimensions of the 2 bolts that hold this mount in place?
I believe the horizontal bolt at the trans is W703959-S439 M10x80
I believe the vertical bolt at the subframe is W500126-S309 M10x70

Please verify with existing bolts and/or any Ford Dealer.
DO NOT USE HARDWARE STORE BOLTS.

Good luck
Paul

·
Grey Friar
926 Posts
The design of these mounts has changed a bit over the years and they are used across multiple platforms. The design of the aluminum housing was revised - probably to save cost (for them). The existing part is probably correct for when it was installed.
^This. It looks like a simple "upgrade", for whatever reason. I'm sure it will fit. If I remember correctly, there is plenty of room on the small side bracket to fit the larger diameter of the dog-bone's small side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe the horizontal bolt at the trans is W703959-S439 M10x80
I believe the vertical bolt at the subframe is W500126-S309 M10x70

Please verify with existing bolts and/or any Ford Dealer.
DO NOT USE HARDWARE STORE BOLTS.

Good luck
Paul
The shorter bolt goes in horozon, longer bolt vertical .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The shorter bolt goes in horozon, longer bolt vertical .
Already in friend thanks for the heads up. Crazy got it by the hair of my chin really. The rubber was spinning with the bolts. I still can't make sense of how they eventually backed out of the nut with the rubber all loose and turning with the bolt. Took a long time but I got it. The threads were okay too so thanks to focus fanatics yet again I succeeded. This site is fantastic and because of it I've taken 2 foci from the edge of a grave to both going smoothly and rather quickly to 100mph on a regular basis when they both couldn't go over 60 when I got them and we're shaking at that. Thanks to you and all here. Great info friendly members.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts