Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just need some quick torque specs/ i would like to know the following:

1.front wheel, the hub nut/bearing job..and what size of nut is it?i would like to know all specs on this if possible like the bolts that im goin to take off on this job.

2.valve cover bolts.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
I know some people get confused/mistaken [scratch] a foot pound wrench over an inch pound wrench sometimes, so thats why i write it out

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check my torque wrench and it says ft punds so i tighten the bolts 7ft? dam thats like finger tight.what if i go over that what would happend besides breaking a bolt?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
check my torque wrench and it says ft punds so i tighten the bolts 7ft? dam thats like finger tight.what if i go over that what would happend besides breaking a bolt?

You won't break the bolts but you could distort the valve cover and/or the gasket which would result in a messy leak. You don't need a torque wrench for something like this, just use common sense. Hold the ratcheting end in your fingers instead of you hand on the handle (you want to minimize leverage to prevent over-torquing). Then tighten until the bolt is just "snug". Use wrist/finger strength instead of arm strength in this case.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i had no choice either my torque wrench do go to low

1 - 7 of 7 Posts