Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some DIY's that didn't specify for the Getrag. Any one got the torque specs and a parts list?

Thanks in advance![cheers]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
I just turned the nuts/bolts till they didn't turn no more when I did mine! [dunno]
LOL but seriously, I think there is a guide on this site with the right torque specs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just turned the nuts/bolts till they didn't turn no more when I did mine! [dunno]
LOL but seriously, I think there is a guide on this site with the right torque specs.
Not to be a pest, but mind posting a link to that thread?

I've seen a few but none with specs aside from one for the MTX-75. Good to know that it's not picky though, I guess.

German specs... Good N Tight
Guten tag to you, too.[drinking]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I think my Haynes manual has the specs in it. I can go dig it up if no one else can find the specs online. I haven't seen that book in a while though...

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Haynes most likely only has the MTX-75 specs, as I've never seen anything about the SVTF in the manual.

Ah Ha!
There are torque specs in the Clutch TSB:
Clutch TSB: 4-21-19

Torque specs from above linked TSB:
Flywheel:
Torque bolts in sequence to 83 lb-ft (112 N-m).

Pressure Plate:
Tighten pressure plate bolts two (2) turns at a time in sequence and torque to 21 lb-ft (29 N-m).

Transaxle to engine block:
Torque the transaxle bolts in sequence to 35 lb-ft (48 N-m) to ensure proper transaxle to engine block alignment.

The thing you're still going to need though, is the proper sequence in reference to "torque in sequence".
You may be able to get your local Dealer to print up a copy of the page that shows that from the factory workshop manual.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Hmm...Haynes has info on the Getrag transmission, but nothing on clutch replacement for it. Only the IB5 and MTX75 are in the clutch chapter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info WD40.

I actually wrestled a service tech down after having to call SVT to get the specs. He printed out the TSB for me and I will try to scan it and post it so no one has to go through the Bullshite I had to go through to get it!!!! [hatchet]

I'm goin to start the clutch next week along with my brakes and shocks...if it stops raining! Since when does it rain in LA?

Thanks to all that posted!!![cheers]

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
^^^Haynes most likely only has the MTX-75 specs, as I've never seen anything about the SVTF in the manual.

Ah Ha!

Flywheel:

Pressure Plate:
Tighten pressure plate bolts two (2) turns at a time in sequence and torque to 21 lb-ft (29 N-m).

Torque the transaxle bolts in sequence to 35 lb-ft (48 N-m) to ensure proper transaxle to engine block alignment.

The thing you're still going to need though, is the proper sequence in reference to "torque in sequence".
You may be able to get your local Dealer to print up a copy of the page that shows that from the factory workshop manual.

The Getrag IS in the Haynes manuel.

They dont call it the Getrag but some wierd m-245u or something like that.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've seen some DIY's that didn't specify for the Getrag. Any one got the torque specs and a parts list?

Thanks in advance![cheers]
You need the clutch too? If your going stock use the LuK, its basically the OEM equipment just w/o the Ford markup (clutch in my car WAS a LuK too, Ford sucks for marking stuff up 300%). I ordered mine from Hite Parts Exchange, great price, HORRIBLE at getting back to your emails or helping you with faster shipping and contacting UPS for you.

http://www.hitepartsexchange.com/

Search for 07-175 and you will get:

Ford Focus New LuK Clutch RepSet SALE
Item: LuK 07-175
Price: $505.25
Sale: $442.25
Quantity

Fits:
2002 - 2004 Focus, 6-Speed, Slave Cylinder Included, 2.0L Engine
Flywheel included. A complete clutch upgrade for the Focus

·
Registered
140 Posts
You need the clutch too? If your going stock use the LuK, its basically the OEM equipment just w/o the Ford markup (clutch in my car WAS a LuK too, Ford sucks for marking stuff up 300%). I ordered mine from Hite Parts Exchange, great price, HORRIBLE at getting back to your emails or helping you with faster shipping and contacting UPS for you.

http://www.hitepartsexchange.com/

Search for 07-175 and you will get:

Ford Focus New LuK Clutch RepSet SALE
Item: LuK 07-175
Price: $505.25
Sale: $442.25
Quantity

Fits:
2002 - 2004 Focus, 6-Speed, Slave Cylinder Included, 2.0L Engine
Flywheel included. A complete clutch upgrade for the Focus
I just checked their website and it's $269.

·
Registered
711 Posts
That's the kit without the flywheel (07-190).
yup, and if you do the clutch you will need ALL of the pieces replaced at the same time, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and slave so just buy they kit, works perfect and grabs quicker than the old pre-TSB stock one that I replaced.

·
Registered
814 Posts

Ah Ha!

Flywheel:

Pressure Plate:

There actually are torque values in the Haynes manual for the MT285 6-speed on page 7A-2. I have seen other info in it also relating to SVT but it's kind of random.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^That's good to know. Thanks.
I've only glanced at the manual at a parts store.
When I read "(excludes SVT and rear disc brake models)", I never looked much deeper into it.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Ooops....2007 was a typo. Mine is the one shown above, but if you look at the cover of the manual, not the title on the page, it says "All Models."

It doesn't have all of the info for the SVT, but there is some useful knowledge in there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts