Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2.0 for my 08 and i would like if anyone can point me in the right directions for the torque spec for the head and crank pully bolt.. thanks[strongman][ffrocks][?|]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
180 Posts
Note: One foot-pound (ft-lb) of torque is equivalent to 12 inch-pounds (in-lbs) of torque. Torque values below approximately 15 ft-lbs are expressed in inch pounds, since most foot-pound torque wrenches are not accurate at these smaller values.

Chylinder head bolts
Step 1 44 in-lbs
Step 2 132 in-lbs
Step 3 33 ft-lbs
Step 4 Angle-tighten a further 90*
Step 5 Angle-tighten a further 90*

Crankshaft pulley bolt (New)
Step 1 74 ft-lbs
Step 2 Rotate an additional 90*

And remember for the head bolts there is a specific pattern to follow. Make sure you find that through search or through stickies on this forum.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need the specs for the cam cover bolts?
yes i need the torque specs for the crank bolt and cam cover bolts for the 2.0 duratec please. and thank you

·
Registered
180 Posts
7.41 ft-lbs (89 in-lbs) for the valve cover bolts. and the crankshaft pulley bolt is still 74 ft-lbs + an additional 90* turn,

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the crank bolt specs but not the valve cover.... u know the thing that holds the cams down right.. ( cams covers) i need the specs for thoose bolts so that way im not stripping it or breaking the cam...

·
Registered
180 Posts
They are called Camshaft bearing cap bolts. I thought you meant the actual Cam Cover (valve cover)

Step 1 Hand tight
Step 2 62 in-lbs (5.16 ft-lbs)
Step 3 144 in-lbs (12 ft-lbs)

·
Registered
180 Posts
By the way I am using the Chilton Focus 2000-07 repair manual. Not pulling them out of my a$$. So you dont have to be kinda sceptical lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Also, if I may ask. What exactley did you do to your motor? Got mine in pieces now. About to finish the rebuild.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Also, if I may ask. What exactley did you do to your motor? Got mine in pieces now. About to finish the rebuild.
fswerks 8:5:1 .20 over pistons carrillo super a beam rods cosworth bearings main and rod, stock crank micro polished, massive duratec head with crower spring titanium retainer and caps. felpro valve seals nitride valves 1mm over size, gt 28 71rs turbo fswerks kit cosworth intake manifold water meth and still have a 50 shot for emergency use only. full h/r suspension coil overs wheel spacers, fs exhaust 3 in downpipe. spent way to much lol now tring to find good tires for my 15in steelies that will hook u know..

·
Registered
180 Posts
for tires go with the hankook ventus's. They are drag tires so at least they would be good for the track.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts