Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ahh. I did not pay attention that you used KPA in place of PSI so your equation is different then mine. That was the issue on my end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gear Selection PID settings

Has anyone pulled this data yet? I tried and I don't get anything back. I finally got TPMS to work so I know what to do now, but gear selection yields no response.

Here are the settings i tried:
Gear Command by Output, Gear Cmd, 221E12, A, -1, 6, Gear
Transmission Gear Engaged, Gear Eng, 221E1F, A, -1, 6, Gear
Transmission Gear Mode, Gear mode, 221E23, A, -1, 6, Mode

Am I correct in thinking the only items that really matter to get a response is the Mode/PID and Header info? An incorrect equation will only get you a false number and the other items are just labels? For these specific PIDs I see no header info so how does the device know which module to ask the information from? For TPMS its 726. I even tried some generic Headers like ECM, TCM and even ALL. What am I missing?

Thanks!

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
Question, where do you get your PID's from?

I ask, because the steering angle gauge doesn't work in Torque, but does work in Forscan Lite. So I am wondering if its just a matter of Torque using the wrong PID.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
409 Posts
Question, where do you get your PID's from?

I ask, because the steering angle gauge doesn't work in Torque, but does work in Forscan Lite. So I am wondering if its just a matter of Torque using the wrong PID.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using FF Mobile
I just scour the internet and try them. I found lots of Ford Kuga PIDs that work on my Focus.

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
Okay, so, i found a few more on a powerstroke page, but still no luck. I then checked the equation, and noted it had an error, so I removed the extraneous parentheses, and it now works! But its backwards....

What I mean is, the gauge shows scale from negative to positive, but left to right is positive to negative. So, as I turn the wheel to the right, the gauge moves to the left, and vice versa. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Who can help determine the equation for 1158 - short term fuel trim percent (ford focus 2)?
Here is the response: 7E8 05 62 11 58 87 AE 00 00 (should be 5.4 %) A=87 B=AE
1158 - short term fuel trim percent - 2 bytes - subtract 32768 then divide by -327.68 -not work(

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a BT adapter and can read typical values on the torque app gauges (rpm, coolant temp, ...) but when i add the ABS wheel speed displays for all 4 wheels I don't get any data back. do I need to customize anything to get that data to display? by default the PID for wheel speed 1 is 223987 and only an A for the equation, is that right? I saw others listing different PIDs for the ABS wheel speeds, for ex. 222b06 for one of the wheels. Can anyone confirm what should be listed?

Also, I noticed there are PIDs for each wheel tire pressure, is that even possible for a 2012 focus? I thought is was only a ok, not ok type sensor for the focus TPMS data. can anyone confirm if you can get actual tire pressures back from Torque for the focus? If so, can you post all of the settings to do so?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
114 Posts
mine shows tire pressure never tried abs yet. my cheap bluetooth adapter wouldnt show tire pressure so i bought a better bafx it shows tire pressure

·
Registered
64 Posts
yup, the cheap BT adapter was the problem. I bought the BAFX that was recommended and tire pressure and wheel speed data showed right up. The reason I'm testing this out is that I am starting to get a tire pressure sensor failure error message about 30 to 40 minutes into my commute and was hoping to see one of the tire pressure readings drop out when the message popped up but no luck so far. I think the last data reading stays persistent when that happen instead of blanking out so I haven't had much success locating the problem

·
Registered
121 Posts
Local tire shop (Discount Tires Shop) reset my buddies tire pressure gauge adapter issues. In a lot of cases with the addition of new parts or components the ability to update or reset faults is the simplest ways to configure a change in parts. Reestablishing factory settings overrides most fault codes and establishes the new parts addition.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
yup, the cheap BT adapter was the problem. I bought the BAFX that was recommended and tire pressure and wheel speed data showed right up. The reason I'm testing this out is that I am starting to get a tire pressure sensor failure error message about 30 to 40 minutes into my commute and was hoping to see one of the tire pressure readings drop out when the message popped up but no luck so far. I think the last data reading stays persistent when that happen instead of blanking out so I haven't had much success locating the problem
yes the last data stays when you get a sensor failure
i figured it out on my escape by watching the pressures closely, and one tire not "heating up" with the others

so you can find it by drastically changing the tire pressures +- 5 or 10 psi, and see which one didnt move.

·
Registered
64 Posts
thanks for the tip and confirmation. I was hoping the reading would drop to zero if there wasn't an update for a specific sensor.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts