Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I don't have the time to double-check all 4 of these yet, but I believe 222b07 is actually the right front wheel, not the left front wheel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Because of this thread I bought the app (I had the free version before) and imported the PIDs. Works great! Thanks to millinium and everybody who makes this possible and easy to use. I love the PIDs to read battery current and clutch slip data although I find the latter takes a bit of focus (no pun intended) definitely not just a quick glance (not good while driving) to assimilate the info because I need to know which clutch is engaged to see which of the 2 graphs I should look at and where exactly is the 0 point on the graph.

I created a calculated PID with an equation based on gear in use to determine which clutch to show amount of slip when it's engaged or being engaged. Here's the equation.

Code:
[221ebb] * ([221e12] & 1) + [221ebc] * (1-([221e12] & 1))
Basically, whenever the clutch in use is engaged it should show 0 slipping so you should see non-zero number from this equation only when it's shifting or when the car is too slow to keep the clutch engaged in 1st gear.

Let us know how this works out for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Somehow the predefined "Trip Average L/100" doesn't work so I added another PID I call "Trip Fuel Economy". I basically divide the "Fuel Used (trip)" PID by "Trip Distance". Should work accurately if the 2 PIDs the equation bases on are accurate.

[ff1271]/[ff1204]*100

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
So this isn't specifically for Torque, but FORScan now has phone apps (I used Android, but they have iPhone apps and a beta app for Windows as well) and it has a LOT of PIDs already.

Specifically, it has the transmission input shaft speed (ISS_A_RAW) parameter I was hoping to find. I was able to plot my RPM shudder event to see if it surpassed the 250 RPM difference test (it did). I've only used it in the demo mode so far, but I intend to buy the app for recording more than one parameter at a time.

For what it's worth, I'm using a OBDLink MX Bluetooth scanner, which is relatively more expensive than some of the others out there, so hopefully all of yours will have read speeds fast enough to plot the shudder.

Too bad I'm out of warranty... not that it matters - it's my third clutch so something else is obviously causing the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi Guys..new the forum and I drive a 2006 Ford Focus ST225

Latest Update 20/6/14:
Learned Relative Octane Adjust "OCTANE ADJ" "2203E8" "((256*A)+B)*(-0.0000610124)+3.998717499" "%"
Equation for Learned Octane Adjust confirmed.

Would this setting be available to me on my model?

thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone confirm that the battery charge pid works on a 2015 focus? Seems not to work on my car. (Battery Charge "BATT%" "224028" "A" "%" "726" as in the first post in this tread)
It only show about 30 to 34 % charge. Will not go any higher even after a full charge with a charger. (Using the Torque app)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Can someone confirm that the battery charge pid works on a 2015 focus? Seems not to work on my car. (Battery Charge "BATT%" "224028""A""%""726" as in the first post in this tread)
It only show about 30 to 34 % charge. Will not go any higher even after a full charge with a charger. (Using the Torque app)
Hi there, try a free pc app called FORscan and see if it read the battery charge. I am quite sure it should work

·
Registered
409 Posts
For the battery percentage PID using equation "A" my car shows about 60% battery. Does that sound normal for a battery in use since 2011?
The CSV in this thread has a different equation and shows battery percentage at about half that.
Which one is right?
For battery age my battery has nearly approached the MAX value specified in the PID setting...

edit: Going to go back to using the original fuel level equation and then once again when I fill up to full see if I can just put a small offset in. My equation showed 10% at 25% level. Wonder why it was pretty correct for all the other points though.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
... I created a calculated PID with an equation based on gear in use to determine which clutch to show amount of slip when it's engaged or being engaged. ...
Basically, whenever the clutch in use is engaged it should show 0 slipping so you should see non-zero number from this equation only when it's shifting or when the car is too slow to keep the clutch engaged in 1st gear. ...
Excellent idea!

·
Registered
4 Posts
For the battery percentage PID using equation "A" my car shows about 60% battery. Does that sound normal for a battery in use since 2011?
The CSV in this thread has a different equation and shows battery percentage at about half that.
Which one is right?
For battery age my battery has nearly approached the MAX value specified in the PID setting...
For my 2015 focus I use the formula: (A/256*100)/0,34
The original formula found (dont know if it was here or on another forum) was A/256*100 and gave me a approx 34 % charge. So I charged the battery full and after rest I added the /0.34 +- 1 or 2 to get close to 100 % charge. Dont know how correct it will be but it seems to be ok. Should work best with a battery not too old.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi there, try a free pc app called FORscan and see if it read the battery charge. I am quite sure it should work
I gave up using the % charge equation. Using the battery current equation you can see how much the alternator is charging the battery. When the battery is nearly full (probably above 80%) it appears to charge around 1-2 Amps (Trickle charge?). Just after starting it will charge the battery 10-20 A depending on how well the battery was charged beforehand. Anything around the 1-2 A when turning off the car is good in my opinion.

For short trips where the battery doesn't charge much between starts I've had the current hover around 15 A and then go to 10 A, then slowly but surely start to reach 1-2 A.

If you're really concerned about the battery or do lots of short trips, just put it on the charger one night a week. Otherwise the alternator does its job.

·
Registered
114 Posts
this shows tire pressure on each tire if you rotated tires you might have to relearn which is which ,my generic china elm wouldnt read it had to get the mx for21 bucks its called bafx pro.com

LF TIRE PRES ,222813, ((A*256)+B)/3+22/3 ,0,100,KPA ,726, x1
TPMS Passenger Front Pressure,TPMS Passenger Front Pressure ,RF TIRE PRES ,222814, ((A*256)+B)/3+22/3 ,0,100,KPA ,726,x1
TPMS Passenger Rear Pressure,TPMS Passenger Rear Pressure ,RR TIRE PRES ,222815, ((A*256)+B)/3+22/3 ,0,100, KPA ,726, x1
TPMS Drivers Rear Pressure,TPMS Drivers Rear Pressure ,LR TIRE PRES ,222816, ((A*256)+B)/3+22/3 ,0,100, KPA ,726,x1

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is there a PID for shutter position? Would be nice to see if they ever close .this equation works , mine seems to start opening around 204 degrees or when i turn on ac

Grill Shutter Commanded Position:
ID: 220707
Equation: A/255

Result is in percent commanded. 0 is closed 100 is opened

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello.
I'd like to know, where the header 726 comes from. Was that a pure guess? Experimental? Can I look it up somewhere?
When I try a new PID and it doesn't deliver any data, it's maybe just another header I would have to try. But which one? Is it model dependent?

·
Registered
114 Posts
my dad found the tpms equations on the ford truck forums said it worked on his truck
so i decided to try it . my chinese elm wouldnt read tpms so i bought the better one and it works

·
Registered
4 Posts
this shows tire pressure on each tire if you rotated tires you might have to relearn which is which ,my generic china elm wouldnt read it had to get the mx for21 bucks its called bafx pro.com

LF TIRE PRES ,222813, ((A*256)+B)/3+22/3 ,0,100,KPA ,726, x1
TPMS Passenger Front Pressure,TPMS Passenger Front Pressure ,RF TIRE PRES ,222814, ((A*256)+B)/3+22/3 ,0,100,KPA ,726,x1
TPMS Passenger Rear Pressure,TPMS Passenger Rear Pressure ,RR TIRE PRES ,222815, ((A*256)+B)/3+22/3 ,0,100, KPA ,726, x1
TPMS Drivers Rear Pressure,TPMS Drivers Rear Pressure ,LR TIRE PRES ,222816, ((A*256)+B)/3+22/3 ,0,100, KPA ,726,x1
Garland- Have you confirmed the TPMS PIDs and equation? Do you know if these only work in Torque? I have the OBDLink app and the MX adapter and I can't get any of these PIDs added as working user defined PIDs?

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
i did, but had to remove everything upto the first comma on each of the PID's... so, instead of "TPMS Drivers Rear Pressure,TPMS Drivers Rear Pressure ,LR TIRE PRES ,222816, ((A*256)+B)/3+22/3 ,0,100, KPA ,726,x1" I used "TPMS Drivers Rear Pressure ,LR TIRE PRES ,222816, ((A*256)+B)/3+22/3 ,0,100, KPA ,726,x1"

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 74 Posts