Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These sound clips are courtousy of Heat, a member on this forum, and he has a volant cai and a SVT borla exhaust. Before listening to these clips i was trying to decided on whether to get a fs stealth or an svt borla. Now im 100% sure im going borla. I couldnt believe this was a focus i was hearing, it sound so beautiful, youd think it was a sports car. Listen and youll see what im talking about. Both these clips are fly bys

This is just driving by shifting at 3k:

http://webpages.charter.net/heatloe/Focus/DriveBy.mp3

This is WOT. Shift from 1st to 2nd was around 5400 and 2nd to 3rd was a bit late around 6k.

http://webpages.charter.net/heatloe/Focus/WOTDriveBy.mp3

I hope you dont mind Heat[;)]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Both are amazing exhausts. Honestly though, I'd go with the Borla SVT but if you want something to remain quiet, I'd SERIOUSLY consider the FS Stealth which is an awesome sytem.

It's really what you want in the end, both are great exhaust, very high quality!! Personally, I'd go with the BORLA SVT myself......

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^yea i want to be able to hear it still, but not too loud, and im not getting a header so the svt will be fine.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I have the Borla (not the SVT, so I don't have the extra resonator), and it sounds great. I've heard that it can get a little loud if you add the race header/hi flow cat, but I don't really mind the noise (my stereo can cover it up!!).

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Good decision. I have the SVT Borla and I love the sound.[thumb]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
One more vote here for the SVT Borla, I have it as well, I listened to almost all the exhausts before I bought one.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
The SVT Borla is quite tame even with a race header or shorty w/ORP...its quiet at idle or while cruising, but wakes up when you beat on the throttle. Even when beating on the gas, I'd describe mine as just on the edge of being too loud (which is exactly where I want it.)

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^^^Hmm, that mean my non SVT Borla will be just past the edge with a race header.....guess I'll just turn the radio up a notch or two then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts