Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well we have been wanting a new shop racecar for sometime now at Top Speed. And of course, we decided what better than a Focus. So about a month ago we acquired a slightly damaged 2004 Zetec Sedan Automatic car. (yes i said auto, we will get to that a little later).

The car has approx. 120k miles on it, interior was in good shape and no structural damage. Basically could have been turned into a nice driver for someone. But I am not interested in that, I want a dedicated drag racing machine.

We are going to do this build in steps, just how most customers end up doing their own builds. Expect the full build to go on for months if not years, however, we plan on getting it to the track before the end of the year to at least run it on a mild build.

Our plans for the first part of the build are as follows:

• Gut car and install appropriate safety equipment
  • Install our GT Street turbo kit with GT2871R Turbocharger
  • Install our Prototype Traction Bar system
  • New Torque Converter
  • New Differential
  • M/T 24.5/8/15 ET Drag Slicks
  • Retain Stock Engine
We are planning on dialing this car in on around 250whp for the first step in this build. We will be taking to the track on a regular basis and plan on running it in some local bracket races.

Stay tuned for more updates and pictures! Click out the build on our website!

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
lol, yea white fofo's are nice. so just being nosey but what all do you guys have planned for it internal wise? and would the traction bar set up ur talking about fit an svt? and u guys got any pics of it? i'm pretty interested in it. and i love all of the other work you guys have been doing as far as turbo mani's and what not. i plan to get my mani from you guys when i get my car running and start building my turbo set up. great work so far keep it up guys!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, yea white fofo's are nice. so just being nosey but what all do you guys have planned for it internal wise? and would the traction bar set up ur talking about fit an svt? and u guys got any pics of it? i'm pretty interested in it. and i love all of the other work you guys have been doing as far as turbo mani's and what not. i plan to get my mani from you guys when i get my car running and start building my turbo set up. great work so far keep it up guys!
as far as the traction bars are concerned. I do not have any pictures yet, we have a set installed on Jared from FJ's car, basically they tilt the radiator a little farther forward than stock, but other than that just like a normal traction bar system. When we get the new design into production I will be sure to make a thread about it.

For now with the motor we are going to run the stock internals. Probably at the beginning of next season we will install one of our shortblocks and head.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres few new pictures to show you what we have been up too. Next on the list is rollcage and install the turbo kit.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heres few new pictures to show you what we have been up too. Next on the list is rollcage and install the turbo kit.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A little preview of what we have been working on [wiggle]...

3" Stainless Steel Downpipe with 2" Dumptube

We are waiting a trim ring to be cut out on the waterjet to go on the bumper to make it look all pretty.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A little preview of what we have been working on [wiggle]...

3" Stainless Steel Downpipe with 2" Dumptube

We are waiting a trim ring to be cut out on the waterjet to go on the bumper to make it look all pretty.
sweetness.....

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
for goodness sake roast those tires off and post in the NC regional area when you are prepared to test that ride out at the track. there might be quite alot of people who would like to turn out for that.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
This looks sweet, im ganna keep my eye on this thread for the sake of pure win.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got a little bit of an update. We got the seat installed, we wanted to get that in place before we began construction on the cage. (seat and bracket weigh only 15.2lbs!)

Also, mounted the computer to the floor, for easy access (this car is chipped, not flashed).

Gutted the trunk and hood, which will eventually be replaced with carbon, but this will work for now. Took 10lbs out of the trunk alone!!

And got the lower control arm bushings installed in the front.

Other Random Pictures:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts