Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
the only thing jared has really ever had a problem with in the drivetrain was the clutch. and that has been working fine now that we have gone with the stage 5 unsprung. he runs slicks everytime he goes to the track. never has broken an axle or anything in the transmission. doesn't mean it wont happen, but hasn't yet.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Stock mains have been pushed over 700whp, reason why most swap them and the reason we have aftermarket ones. Is all because of esslinger. They started making them because the 2.3 svo motors have main issues in stock form. So they assumed that the zetec would too. They developed them to be safe on the esslinger zetec car that was making mid 200's n/a. Eventaully they did a build for a customer with stock mains that eventaully netted over 700whp.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
you know that the gtx part of it (the billet wheel) realy offers no advantage or very little unless you are running tons of boost 2bar+ (29lbs)
Really?

I plan on running 25+ eventually, so I want that wheel. Will they offer just the wheel?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Snapped a few pictures before I took the rest to the coater.

Old Exhaust vs new

Size Reference [wiggle]

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Cold air intake is a no on the topmount Bryan. There were no gains because the radiator fan blows 180 degree plus air on the pipe lol.

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
It may be something you were planning anyway but some some small dams on all sides of the intercooler makes a hugh diff in cooling when moving , makes the air go through vs going around and taking the path of least resistance, I have seen IAT drop as much as 20 deg on large IC

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
It may be something you were planning anyway but some some small dams on all sides of the intercooler makes a hugh diff in cooling when moving , makes the air go through vs going around and taking the path of least resistance, I have seen IAT drop as much as 20 deg on large IC

Tom
Ik they did it on Jared car, so I'm sure they will do it on this one

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

Tom
Yeah we are getting some cut out on the water jet. They should be finished today.

·
'Merica
1,701 Posts

Tom
interesting. do you have any pics of a setup like this? does it completely surround the intercooler or just in certain parts to help direct the air? I wouldn't be opposed to trying something like this once my build is done.

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
This only needs to be done with bigger boosted cars , lower boost the coolers work pritty good and you dont really get to the speeds to need it

If you do choose to do it then something as simple as a 1 inch piece around the cooler will help more then you would think

Tom

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
man dont hit a bump with a pipe that big under the rear k member...lol..

·
Registered
280 Posts
interesting. do you have any pics of a setup like this? does it completely surround the intercooler or just in certain parts to help direct the air? I wouldn't be opposed to trying something like this once my build is done.
there are some pics on the thread over on fj

post 117 page 5 for me

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Got Jared's new coolant tank finished, it just needs to go to the powdercoater. This will be a product we will be offering in the very near future.

41 - 60 of 133 Posts