Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Now weather that 35 would make it that high no one will know untill you try. There are some honda's doing over 700whp on a 3582 so it is possible to do 800crank on one. A GTX 35 would make it alot easier, if they ever come out with it!

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Now weather that 35 would make it that high no one will know untill you try. There are some honda's doing over 700whp on a 3582 so it is possible to do 800crank on one. A GTX 35 would make it alot easier, if they ever come out with it!
Just got my email from Garrett dont know if I'm suppose to let it out but I will be holding a gtx3582r turbo in my hands on Wednesday at sema

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
you know that the gtx part of it (the billet wheel) realy offers no advantage or very little unless you are running tons of boost 2bar+ (29lbs)
yes tru but for me i will be getting one :) already at 27psi

·
VEKTOR PLATE
5,657 Posts
i want that setup. but a smaller turbo on it... but still have the aluminum exhaust.
the top mount looks evil.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Holy crap! Looking forward to seeing where this actually ends up!

Mike

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
good luck.. i always loved your guys work.. im envious in a way.. i know what my car is like an that thing is gonna be ridiculous.. i want a ride.. and need to come down and see if i can get you to make me some traction bars that fit my down pipe.. hit the moon.. after this no one will ever be able to say a focus cant push powa...haha.. course in my town no one talks trash about the focus...lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Crazynes! I seriously can't imagine that much power.

He must either: A. Have loads of wheelspin. Like...at all speeds
B. Break drivetrain ish/replace bearings/etc.... fairly often

But hey, the level of involvement here is huge so replacing some half-shafts is probably doable in your sleep by now.

·
VEKTOR PLATE
5,657 Posts
i think jareds car spends almost as much time in the shop as it does terrorizing where he lives,lol.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
any idea what the stock mains can hold?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Crazynes! I seriously can't imagine that much power.

He must either: A. Have loads of wheelspin. Like...at all speeds
B. Break drivetrain ish/replace bearings/etc.... fairly often

But hey, the level of involvement here is huge so replacing some half-shafts is probably doable in your sleep by now.
Actually, I haven't heard of him breaking much. Maybe an axle. Stock trans is still holding up as well as his new clutch. The Clutch Master stg 4 wasn't enough, but the Competition stg 5 works.

·
Registered
280 Posts
any idea what the stock mains can hold?
they say in the build they are going to be using jay racing mains. He has already made 540whp on stock mains and fernando made 570 on them.

I have heard they are good for a lot more if you dont turn up the rpms, but they say they are going to turn 8000-8500, so its not a bad investment imo.

21 - 40 of 133 Posts