Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to know what eveyones top speed is with different mods and what not. If you havent toped out your car just post how fast you have gone. Im really interested in someones top speed that has a JRSC in.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
can't seem 2 break 130 (electronically limited?)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
110 mph with plenty more to go. I've heard of stock SVT's getting between 135-140 mph. I doubt I'll ever find out though.

·
Registered
678 Posts
108.. limiter.. but I did get up to 95 in a 40.. a two lane.. it was a little thrilling.. you'd have to see the road to understand that most only go 45-55..

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Been up to 125-130mph, and it had more to go... Last I heard there was no limter/governer on the SVTF.

But with My First SVTF Ticket the other day...I don't think I'll be trying that again anytime soon! [?|]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Max Speed is rated at 137mph (from the book ford sent me on SVTs) I could swear its got a governer around 130 cause every time ive tested it i hit 130 and couldn't seem to go faster or maybe i was just scared lol

·
Registered
990 Posts
how fast

many years ago i stopped top ending cars on the street. at summit, i hit about 120 on front straight. at vir's full course about 120 on front straight and about 127 on back straight.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i hit 138 in 5th gear on saturday night on rt 95 , traveling from Providence to boston.....racing a 94 or 95ish gs300......[:D] i didnt feel any governer or anything, i just glanced down at the speedo and saw it on 138, if i wasnt so scared i swear it had more......

before i was trying to go fast and i had it in 6th gear and with it floored it wouldnt past 130....so keep it in 5th the whole time and make sure you have at least 5 miles of straight road and you can make 140 im sure [thumb]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
227 km/hr (147.4 mph) constant in a flat road, not down hill (sea level). WOT during ten minutes.

Mod's at that time, AEM Short ram, FC 3 piece UDP's.

I don't have any pics, but I've got the highway bills between the two cities with date and hours of each one.

Watch out if someone does the same, the oil temperature got dangerously high.

·
Registered
21 Posts
R&DSVTZX5 said:
Well I guess I've lived a little dangerous. With me and my hubby only in the car, I hit almost 143 MPH I said almost now in my SVTF. This on a long straight stretch of interstate, with no traffic. I redline before I hit 145, so I'm guessing on this when I say 142 7100 RPM's. No lie. It took a while for the needle to get up there also.

http://www.myfordfocus.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=13599&highlight=Top+Speed

hmmm[confused] that's strange. Top speed varies depending primarily for altitude, temperature and humidity, but you saying you reached that speed at 7100 rpm sounds weird. I test piloted my SVTF while I worked as a SENIOR PLANNING ENGINEER at Volkswagen plant in Puebla Mexico, and we reached a constant (several minutes at that speed) 147.4 mph and the engine couldn't give more, but the tach was approx at 6K rpm.

(that was a test drive with another VW test driver as a copilot).[thumb]

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Well, I've been told that the svt is geared to 168 but it needs more power to achieve it (which makes sense with your 147.4 mph @ ~6000 RPM claim). Similarly, I've been told that the Mini's gearing will take the car to 173 with enough power behind it. Don't know if its true, but I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have hit 145 on the free way and ive topped it out going down this long ass hill by my house its like a 10 mile hill of like 4 lnes that no one drives on i hit 160 the first time and i hit 160 and went like a lil past it like 161 162 something like that the only problem is when u push the brakes they jump cuz ur heating them up so bad its like having a really bad balanced wheel u that shake im talking but right i wont try no more though i dont want to break my baby

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
eeek when i went 130 i didn't break in time for a stop sign and had to slam on the brakes at 90 eeek almost lost control of the car [?|]

·
Registered
5 Posts
115 and the damn needle started bouncing!!!!!!!!! stock no mods.. havn't tried w/ my new intake and exhaust.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.