Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running or have thoughts on the top speed performance street intake manifold? Will it turn on my CEL? I was thinking of ordering one but I don't know if its worth it. What else will I need to make it work properly on my svt?

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone running one of these yet.

I wouldn't think it would throw a CEL if you put it on.

-Ray-

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
U would definitely need a tune to run it. So add $300-500 for a tune

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ran across this
http://topspeedperformance.net/tag/svt/
I feel the base line numbers are a whee bit low though, I've seen some stock svt's clear their modified numbers, or at least come a lot closer.
Might be because of the AEM SRI? But I could be wrong. One thing I know is that you're right. I've seen stock SVT's baselined at 145hp.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Most tuned SVT will make an easy 148 / 123 TQ on Avg and I have many doing 150+ /126 +/-

I am curious if the manifold added was also tuned , it looks like it was if so it should of been a tuned stock manifold vs the tuned ts manifold

Tom

·
Registered
191 Posts
Most tuned SVT will make an easy 148 / 123 TQ on Avg and I have many doing 150+ /126 +/-

I am curious if the manifold added was also tuned , it looks like it was if so it should of been a tuned stock manifold vs the tuned ts manifold

Tom
Agreed. Maybe mildy porting it will do the trick? [:D]

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
My n/a setup 2.5 orp,aem full cai, polished head (smoothed the ports but not made any bigger), cfm exhaust cam gear and the FSWERKS tune. I made 165.5 hp and 144tq to the wheels. I thought about the topspeed im also but I found the jrsc for now. And I do have a printout of the dyno at FSWERKS lol

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Fastest n/a 2.0 you've been in? Hmmmm...never ridden in a mildly modded swapped Civic hatch, I suppose.

I dyno'd 165/149 and it didn't seem fast to me, but whatevs.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
^^ but I didn't give up on mine lol. Its still my daily. Jk have to give u a hard time with that speed 3 haha.

·
Registered
51 Posts
the peak gains are not impressive with the intake, but then peak gains with bolt-on's rarely are, overall the gain is nice, but it is only effective by that dyno at around 4.3k rpm and above, the intake looks like it would make a larger difference with a turbo kit or centrifugal supercharger, and at the end of the article to the dynograph they griped about upload issues with the svt's computer, but yeah, more information needed.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Fastest n/a 2.0 you've been in? Hmmmm...never ridden in a mildly modded swapped Civic hatch, I suppose.

I dyno'd 165/149 and it didn't seem fast to me, but whatevs.

Nope, never had the chance. I drove a stock 2002 Type-R for a day as a loaner from a friend while on a vacation, it was definately more powerful than my SVT, but Cody's N/A SVT would have been solid competition even with me in the passenger seat.

Truthfully though, the car just didnt feel very stable to me, it lacked that confidence inspiring feel that the SVT has. Combined with that dreadful stick-poking-out-of-the-dash-1980-steering-wheel interior, i havent really cared to drive any others. I did drive a 2010 Si, but after riding in a mazdaspeed3 over to the dealership, it was like stepping into moms civic.

Call me a civic hater if you like, ive just found that i dont really care for them. Sure ive seen some modded monsters (a local member has a turbo ep3 that is beastly), but besides the rare beauties, 90% of the modded civics on the road are ricer queens. Sure the civic engines respond to mods more than our engines, but that by no means makes them the superior car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts