Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start by saying that we are completely unfinished with our header testing. We have not been able to test as many designs as we would like, mainly due to the fact that we have been extremely busy and do not have enough time to devote to it.

About weekly I see someone comment that the SVT header is the best of the best. Well sorry to say that it is not. We saw a good amount of gains on our test mule over the SVT header, which frankly is what I expected.

The only thing changed between the two runs was the header. I plan on doing even more testing in the future, but this is a good start.

We saw a 10whp gain over the stock SVT header. I feel like gains will be even more on a more powerful engine, such as a supercharged or high compression n/a build.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice gains! So what do the headers look like in their current state? Or is it...Top Secret???

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
was this stock header and cat VS yours or SVT header/ORP or high flow cat?

awesome gains up top [thumb]

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
So you are saying that if I run your header and intakemanifold short runners that I could possibly gain 20 whp with my current setup? 187 whp sounds good n/a lol

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
AEM full cai w/ itg filter. CFM 67 mm tb. CFM exhaust cam gear retarded acouple of degrees. Fswerks udp. Mild port n polish head. Jays racing 2.5 orp into stock Svt exhaust w/ lunch box delete. Fswerks tune. This is the setup the last time I dynoed. The only thing I've changed is I went with fswerks 2.5 stealth full exhaust which I feel a difference with my Svt large muff was pluggin up.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Now that's what I like to see!

Matt

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
id like to know if any kind of tuning was involved in the before and after dynos,[???:)]

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Bump is it available yet highly interested

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I don't think they tested both together. I thought it was the header change only. I could be wrong

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I'd certainly be interested in exactly what changed from run to run on the dyno.

It seems odd to me that after years of the SVT/Cosworth designed header being the holy grail of exhaust expulsion for us Focus enthusiasts, that there are now two (potential) options that offer double-digit whp improvements...

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
The Svt header is 4-2-1 topspeeds is 4-1. That could be the difference

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
I'd certainly be interested in exactly what changed from run to run on the dyno.

It seems odd to me that after years of the SVT/Cosworth designed header being the holy grail of exhaust expulsion for us Focus enthusiasts, that there are now two (potential) options that offer double-digit whp improvements...
no one else ever wanted to build and do testing on the zetecs. FSwerks abandon the zetec when the duratec came out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts