Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Yep, that's about right. I just commented on this... so I guess I'll copy and paste.

"As someone from Alabama, I can sort of believe this. But you have to go deep into the woods to find a place that TRASHY. Man...

Honestly, I would have seen those things and laughed so hard I would cry.

Country and Western is rubbish, and Nascar does suck, by the way. [hah]

Oh, and guys, don't hate on rednecks. There are harmless rednecks, too. What you saw are the hardcore, balls-to-the-wall, no frills rednecks. LMAO"

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
who was the brainiac that thought that one up.... outta have been left for the mob, lol
your in hicksville now... classic

·
Registered
969 Posts
The South ...

is actually one of my favorite places to drive through on a road trip. The people are friendly, so long as you don't state a viewpoint that opposes theirs. "Ummm, yeah NASCAR is great, shame about Dale Earnhardt though", "I quite like grits, Mmmm Mmmm" (I actually like grits though, so this one isn't a lie), and asking for sweet tea at a restaurant gives you kudo points. Much less hassle.

Though, I lived in Florida for a few years - geographically a southern state, but not culturally. I've always been fond of Atlanta for some reason - nice people, nice city, nice countryside in the surrounding areas (I really liked Canton, Ga - a little north of Atlanta off of i-575 IIRC)

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
HAHAHAHA I love Clarkson. You can't take him seriously. I wouldn't be surprised for something like that to happen. In my home town, not south like that, but small redneck ohio. I got in argument with a kid in school once that nearly turned violent cause I told him WRC was far superior to left hand turning NASCAR. You can watch the whole episode on youtube and I have to say I don't that I have laughed harder at a Top Gear episode. Although if you are overly patriotic...don't watch it.

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
ya know........what do they think they were gonna get from painting that stuff on their cars goin into a redneck area like that? especially nascar sucks. i for one am not a huge fan of nascar, but im not gonna paint that on my car and go into hickville. did they think they were gonna get some laughs or somethin? thats what they get for doin somethin like that.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
ya know........what do they think they were gonna get from painting that stuff on their cars goin into a redneck area like that? especially nascar sucks. i for one am not a huge fan of nascar, but im not gonna paint that on my car and go into hickville. did they think they were gonna get some laughs or somethin? thats what they get for doin somethin like that.
^^^ I have to agree, that was the stupidest thing I"ve ever seen them do. I just don't get it, what was the point. Were they trying the Bam angle, or maybe Tom Green...

I think an American car show should go to Scotland and insult William Wallace and see how far they get, Or go to Welsh territory and start insulting the queen mother. Or maybe, go to China and insult Mao and see how long you live. Geez, that was stupid, and they really did almost get their asses kicked.

Anybody see the rest of the show and know why they were doing something that stupid?

I don't care for rednecks, but why provoke them.

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^i downloaded the whole episode off mininova. each host was told to paint slogans on one another's car in order to see if they could get each other killed. bonus points were to be awarded to the host who could come up with the best slogans.

i think the rednecks took it much too seriously. its not like they were personal insults. clarkson and the others had a right to do what they did.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I actually emailed them last night after watching that and appologised for that. Told them that were not all like that, lol.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Why do that ^^ Tell me that the "hicks" in Scotland , I have some as relatives(LOL)... The "hicks" in Wales, or the "hicks" in China as I posted above, wouldn't do the same damn thing!!!.. Actually in China you would honestly be lucky to get out alive, or without a year or two in the Gulag. Those hicks weren't going to kill them, but the were prolly going to get the crap beat out of them..
I am patriotic, but I am not a Hick, I am college educated and so is my wife. I did grow up in a VERY rural area of the country so I know that type of person. My question is this, Why do that??? They were joking about "being killed" and they got the response they were looking for.And it scared the living crap out of them. Hopefully they realize the whole world has people like that everywhere you go. Mobs are NOT exclusive to America.

Maybe, its my age, I believe it is my respect for people and my honesty. I just don't find most of this "humor" that is insulting and riske' to be funny. How can we as a society go nuts when a commedian issues racial slures on stage. But, we think its hilarious when some internet comedian ( I can't remember the guys name ) goes into ethnic neighboorhoods and makes jokes to get himself thrown out of restauraunts. Or, I think it is Bam Magera, who is the complete jerk to his father. Waking him up with firecrackers at 3AM, digging a hole for his mower. <<< People think this is funny, but if his Dad beat the crap out of him ( and in my opinion he should) everyone would be so offended and he would become an outcast.

Look, I am not that uncool, I owned a motorcycle shop for years, BELIEVE ME, we had our share of practical jokes and shinanigans. Some of them way to rude to talk about here. However, I don't think you need to apologize to the Brits. for that episode. If anything, they need to apoligize for being so foolish. Were those idiot uneducated rednecks in that truck? Prolly so, but you know they will be there, why provoke that? Maybe they just didn't think it would happen. I don't know, but I guarantee you if you went to my cousins town in Scotland, went into the local pub and insulted William Wallace you may not leave the way you came in.

I guess what it boils down to is this. I just didn't find what they were doing to be funny. Now, that being said, what would I do if I saw a rather fem. looking guy get out of a pick-up at my local station with that painted on his truck? I am sure I would laugh my ass off, personally. But, if I lived in the south? I might just walk over to him, and suggest to him to wash that off his truck because he might get his butt kicked. I am sure that happened, but remember guys . This IS television. They only show you want they want you to see. I know, I"ve worked in the industry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts