Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys. Finally got my new car last night and haven't had any real time to sit down with the manual etc like I will do later today. I do however have to questions, one of curiosity and one of concern and hope I am missing something.
First, the back up camera. I know I can turn On or Off the delay so when I go to "Drive" it stays on. What is the possible application for wanting that delay set to ON? Anyone knows Fords intent with that one.
Second...Sirius Travel Link. I am in Canada. Sync lets me say Travel link.....then shows a list of what I can say i.e. NHL Scores..Weather...Etc. When i pick one however I get FAIL and that there is no current data. Ideas? Do I need to register something with Sirius myself besides what Ford did for my car to take delivery to activate my 6 months?
Thanks for all the time.
(I should add that I recognize this may be an additional feature you must pay extra for so perhaps Ford doesn't do that in your trial.)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Not sure on the first one because I don't have the backup camera but (at least in the U.S.) I do get Sirius traffic/POI info in the trial. You are correct in that it is an additional pay-for feature but on my trial at least, it is working. I did call Sirius myself to activate, regardless of whatever Ford may have done or how they activate it. I know the Sirius info that came with the car said to call for a free upgrade to add the XM stations, etc. so maybe getting this is part of that upgrade. Can't hurt to call for the upgrade and see if it shows up.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Oh, and BTW, congratulations on picking up the car. Have fun.

·
Registered
362 Posts
As far as the weather and sirius travel link, (And basing off the nav on my 10 F150) it sometimes takes 10-15 mins of running until it gets the latest data. Hopefully you can confirm that.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ahhh, the backup cam delay....This is a feature I actually use and like. I don't know what Ford intended, but I use it when parking in my garage to get the precise parking job. I pull in and then pop it in reverse, and if I haven't pulled in far enough, I put it back in D and pull up with the screen still showing the backup cam, and I line it up before the delay is over. I get a perfect parking job every time.

Edit...I forgot to mention the travel link never worked for me and always said no data for everything, until I upgraded to v2.11, then it magically worked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sirius Travel Link isn't available in Canada. [:(]

·
Registered
251 Posts
According to the Sync website, Sync Services are not available in Canada at this time ... [B)]

Hi there guys. Finally got my new car last night and haven't had any real time to sit down with the manual etc like I will do later today. I do however have to questions, one of curiosity and one of concern and hope I am missing something.
First, the back up camera. I know I can turn On or Off the delay so when I go to "Drive" it stays on. What is the possible application for wanting that delay set to ON? Anyone knows Fords intent with that one.
Second...Sirius Travel Link. I am in Canada. Sync lets me say Travel link.....then shows a list of what I can say i.e. NHL Scores..Weather...Etc. When i pick one however I get FAIL and that there is no current data. Ideas? Do I need to register something with Sirius myself besides what Ford did for my car to take delivery to activate my 6 months?
Thanks for all the time.
(I should add that I recognize this may be an additional feature you must pay extra for so perhaps Ford doesn't do that in your trial.)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Sirius Travel Link isn't available in Canada. [:(]
According to the Sync website, Sync Services are not available in Canada at this time ... [B)]
Ouch. That is completely weak. Sorry neighbors to the north. I can't speak to Sync services since I don't use them but I've got to admit Sirius is pretty good, at least for the traffic/POI stuff.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The delay is probably intended to not opening the camera while going from park thru drive.

·
Registered
238 Posts
On our Fusion, you can change the B/U camera setting via the message center. Not sure if it's the same for the Focus but it can be set to shut off as soon as you disengage reverse or set to stay on in drive until you hit about 5 mph or so. You have to tab thru the menu just like the settings for headlamp delay and so on. Now that we have it (camera) I don't think I'd ever get a new car again without it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all for your responses. For the back up camera question....mysticbluebmw...thanks as I can see exactly what you mean. Still wonder what the magic minds at ford intended for though.
Thanks for the posts all regarding the travel link. Disappointed to hear not in Canada....there's just no damn reason this stuff (services, travel link etc.) are still exclusive to USA. I can say however that I have NEVER had any intent on paying someone to pick what I hear on a radio (music wise of course) in the day of digital media...however...was hoping that the sports would at least give me a cause to consider. Now seems Sirius won't be able to get me to use their services even when they give it to me for free.
Thanks again all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts