Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have some misunderstanding, I have a 2003 Focus ZTS, I want to add a supercharger or a turbocharger, but don't know where to start, and which one to get I have done no engine modifications yet, I have only put on a Borla Exhaust and AEM cold air intake, I would like some advice on where to start.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
it depends sure u can get moore boost from a turbo but it's more work and care then a super charger. You can just bolt on a super charger and it's works turbos can be work.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Manual transmission !

·
Registered
523 Posts
i was wondering the same thing. now i know if you buy a car w/ a turbo the compresion is lower then a nonturbo car, because the turbo make the compresion higher as it spools up right? now if i would put a s/c or turbo on my car would i have to change my compersion?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
again it depends if your running all heavy boost from a turbo youll probly want lower compression, but a lower boost can be successfully added to a built motor w/ higher compression for a motor that has good NA power which is enhanced by boost, or so i hear, wtf do i know

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think i'm going to go with the super charger instead, cause i don't know any mofo's that works with TURBO.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
no I CANT work with turbos, but im sure i could do a super charger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts