Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i own a 00 focus would you recomend i port my intake manifold or get a svt manifold ? or just make my own similar to Focus Centrals....

·
Registered
894 Posts
AS long as your has the 988f intake........there was some 00's that did have the newer style put on........

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Well, getting an SVT manifold isn't going to happen and I don't see you fabricating one. I think 1turbofocus made a custom one but he built like a dozen before getting results he was happy with. He has all the equipment required, you do not.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your probally correct there.
i have access to a machine shop, almost everything i need. only two things around i can't get my hands on a are "REAL" dyno and a Machine to do mandrel bending.

reccomend just porting out the stock one?, i'd be lucky to get a svt mani on e-bay or if i called around to some scrap yards, but i doubt they will sell it seprate. i think i might just port the stocker or buy a ford racing intake manifold. im sure just porting the stock should do...
opinion please.

·
Registered
123 Posts
im considering gettin the ford racing manifold but when i was reading the focus performance builders handbook they were saying they had probs gettin it to fit and had to end up modin alot of it to get it to fit.wanted to know if anyone has had experiences with the ford racing manifold.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got that book in the mail yestarday morning. what chapter is that?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
In order to make the FR intake manifold fit, you need anadapter plate for your t/b, the mounting holes need to be slotted and you need an SVTF alternator bracket to clear the stock alternator.

You would still need a flowbench to test the intake manifold so having access to a machine shop is just the beginning.

Porting your 00 manifold is a waste, you will not see big gains from it. Just use the FR intake if you feel you need it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
not sure about the chapter right now bc im in school and i dont got the book on me but i know its in the front where the diff chapters are its like better breathing or somin like that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
or you could just buy a ported 00 manifold for like 175 bucks....

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
the focus performance hand book, i think newedge performance and CFM have it for sell

1 - 13 of 13 Posts