Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
that is ridiculous...that guy is an idiot...im sorry but there duct tape holding down the subs lol

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i noticed it was a focus too

·
Registered
52 Posts
haha, ill be willing to bet that guy will be bleeding out of his ears after about 20 minutes of that

That idiot wouldn't make 20 minutes with that box. He duct tapes around the subs to prevent air leakage but you could run an impact with the leakage from the seams around the edges of the box. I mean, come on, the top is made of 2 pieces for god sake. That's beyond ghetto. It must just sound like the Green Giant taking a huge ass wet fart.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I work for Elemental Designs, those are actually our 9Kv.2's

The guy wanted to make a system loud with 8" subwoofers.

I think it did mid 145 on the termlab, nothing to insanely loud by today standards. Still louder than any sane person would need.

As mentioned, a lot of SPL guys use duct tape to gain some output. They still screw the subwoofers down.

I have seen guys without a leaky box pick up .2-.4db with duct tape.

As for the top, its not made of two pieces of wood. Its the shadow from the hatch, if you watch as the box moves around, the shadow location changes.

A video online is never going to depict how a subwoofer sounds. Playing bass into a little microphone that distorts with any amount of pressure, then playing it back over computer speakers doesnt work to well.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i dont care what he is trying to do. it looks like crap. the box needs to be carpeted or fiberglassed and painted and it also needs to be screwed down so it doesnt move. i dont care how it sounds it looks like trash.

·
Registered
930 Posts
This just might win my coveted Truck Of Fail of the month Award... stay tuned

·
Registered
98 Posts
i think you guys are missing the point. This wasnt a permanent installation.

Do you honestly think that someone who does an install like that cares what it sounds like?

Why would you waste carpet on a temporary box? Or worse, spend money on fiberglass.

I think this was more to show people what 8's can do. Do make people who say 8" subs cant play low or get loud.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i think you guys are missing the point. This wasnt a permanent installation.

Do you honestly think that someone who does an install like that cares what it sounds like?

Why would you waste carpet on a temporary box? Or worse, spend money on fiberglass.

I think this was more to show people what 8's can do. Do make people who say 8" subs cant play low or get loud.
yeah i go out all the time and spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on subwoofers and amps and take the time to build a box and buy supplies to install 8 subs in my car only to show people what it will sound like for a week. then i like to pull it all out and start over again... do i honestly think someone that does an install like that cares what it sounds like? well they better because it sure aint winning in the looks department. point blank its stupid. he could have put 4 12's in there and had it hit harder and been louder than 145db and been cheaper to boot. if this were strictly a db drag car i wouldnt mind so much but you can clearly see its not and if it were they wouldnt have put 8 8" subs in there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dont understand all the hatred for this guy.

You would be surprised how short of a time people keep an install in their vehicle. SOme people just have more money that others.

I agree. He could have very likely done more than 145 with 4 twelves. But as mentioned. He wanted to use 8" drivers.

He had an 18" subwoofer in a huge box, and wanted to do something different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts