Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the focussport sport system with their muffler and what I think is their glasspack in place of the second CAT but what I think is the glasspack is pretty much strait through but has a bunch of little bumps inside of it... is that a glasspack???

Also, I did a search for about 30 mins but didn't find an answer to the exact question I need to ask.

I have the Cossie race header and flex and I have already talked to Randy and he said that I will not be choking my car with their system but what I need to know is... I know this thing is going to be loud but if it IS IN FACT too loud then how can I quiet it down??? I don't want to get one of those universal mufflers and mount it at the back of the car so I can put a silencer in it so what else can I do??? I mean if the part that I think is a glasspack is indeed a glasspack than I would be wasting my money buying one from say summit wouldn't I?

Is there any other way to quiet it down wihtout having to spend 110 bucks at focussport to buy their stealth muffler?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
spend the 110 for the stealth.
my opinion... The header is loud, and you want the best thing to quiet it down.

I am sure you can put on something for less, but the stealth is known to work.

·
Registered
207 Posts
ya, go stealth or drive in the lowest gear possible.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so that pipe that came with my system is indeed basically a glasspack?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yes, a glasspack (at least the one i have ) is straight through with a bunch of bumps in it formed in a spiral

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
im gonna get my header on soon im just to lazy to install it. but i know its gonna be loud with my MBRP cat back. but hey ive come to the fact i i want more speed i have to loose something and that something is the nice sound of my exhaust. so im just getting myself to deal with it

·
Registered
367 Posts
I actually asked Randy the same thing, almost. But we talked about cats. He said that if it was him, he would take out the second cat, but there was a situation where two FS turbo cars were dynoed, and the one with the cat had higher numbers than the one without.
Not really anything having to do with resonators, but it kinda reinforced the fact that if you use the right stuff, you can be super quiet, with no compromises(by way of restrictions). You also don't have to spend 110 on just a muffler, before install.

·
Registered
501 Posts
When I installed my header I slapped a magnaflow resignator onto my magnaflow exaust kit and it made that loud rice sound go to a growling purrrr.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But I really don't think that it is a rice sound. I mean I have a glasspack(resonator) and a muffler so there isn't really much I can do besides get a nw muffler taht MIGHT quiet it down.

·
2,272 Posts
sdmike6 said:
When I installed my header I slapped a magnaflow resignator onto my magnaflow exaust kit and it made that loud rice sound go to a growling purrrr.
It was still pretty loud though. Did the cops ever pull you over or give you a ticket?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you heard his exhaust with the header before?

How did it sound?

·
2,272 Posts
It sounded pretty nice. Kind of loud, but not any louder than any of the civics rolling aorund here. I would say just a bit louder than my car(2.5" exhaust, magnaflow muffler, no cat). It was a while ago but if I remember correctly it was pretty low and deep.

·
2,272 Posts
I was actually suprised because I expected it to be louder with a header.

I am starting to reconsider buying a race header. I actually send sdmike6 an email to see if he is still selling it [:D]

·
Registered
367 Posts
I almost bought that, but Ricardo said his gen. 2 headers would be ready before FOTB...

Hopefully Mike still has his though, he had a good price on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts