Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently just secured a deal and met up with a person on the forums known as RyRod. He's one of the only people I know that has a YouTube video of Tom's Turbo Kit installed. Really nice guy showed me everything before I purchased. Will be putting it on soon when this Michigan weather lightens up. Aiming for 220-250HP.

Current Mods: Singer 290A Alternator, 63mm TB, 180° Thermostat, COBB RMM.

Futute: Toms Turbo, FSWerks ST Stealth Exhaust, Turbo Tech Transmission Mount/Upper Engine Mount, MeLe Lightweight Battery Box.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Do you have an air bag light on with your recaros? I have them installed in my car with an air bag light and I want to start figuring out how to get it off. Might need to take it to get scanned first and work from there, but wondering if anyone swapped them and didn't throw a light.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you have an air bag light on with your recaros? I have them installed in my car with an air bag light and I want to start figuring out how to get it off. Might need to take it to get scanned first and work from there, but wondering if anyone swapped them and didn't throw a light.
There's a post somewhere on here, that my buddy did, that shows how to get around that with a set of titanium leather seats.
Not too sure how similar the seats are, but might be worth a look?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I had to switch out the Air Bag Sensor located on the bottom of the passenger seat from my Titanium and put it on the ST Seat. Got it done in about an hour wasn't bad at all. No Air bag light. It was hard to sell my Titanium seats though because it had the ST Sensor in it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Recently just secured a deal and met up with a person on the forums known as RyRod. He's one of the only people I know that has a YouTube video of Tom's Turbo Kit installed. Really nice guy showed me everything before I purchased. Will be putting it on soon when this Michigan weather lightens up. Aiming for 220-250HP.

Current Mods: Singer 290A Alternator, 63mm TB, 180° Thermostat, COBB RMM.

Futute: Toms Turbo, FSWerks ST Stealth Exhaust, Turbo Tech Transmission Mount/Upper Engine Mount, MeLe Lightweight Battery Box.
Hey chief, you got a link to that video or to his channel?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had to switch out the Air Bag Sensor located on the bottom of the passenger seat from my Titanium and put it on the ST Seat. Got it done in about an hour wasn't bad at all. No Air bag light. It was hard to sell my Titanium seats though because it had the ST Sensor in it.
I did the same thing (the one that you had to cut the plastic tube/line with fluid in it?), but I still threw a light. I wanted to get it read by the dealer to see what code popped up, but they wanted to charge me like $160 just to scan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts