Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Exactly. This is why the forum's are king in that department. It acts as a log and it helps alot.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a official Focus Fanatics facebook page too.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Im on a bunch of forums and they are still king, however, like this site, sometimes you start getting so much info it's really hard to navigate and it overwelms new members

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
So far Tom's tunes have been pretty good. Next month I plan on getting the car dynoed to see what I'm making out of curiosity. As long as it's in the 175-190 range I'll be happy. (My car is faster than my sisters 1.8 Turbo bug lmao)

Sent from my MotoG3 using FF Mobile
I'm going to try and get a dyno after some datalogs and locking down the tuning for a baseline before I install the intake manifold to find out how much of a gain, and then possibly cams...and then maybe after larger TB and 3" intake...Tom do you make a 3" MAF?

But, not sure... dynos are expensive here and booked up pretty good all the time..with a DCT, my numbers will be lower, but if they are under 175 on a dynojet, I would be disappointed.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
i'm thinking on a dynojet a DCT should be over 180. i'll be interested to see how much WHP is gained from the intake manifold alone.

I'm pretty sure when Tom made that 3in intake he had the MAF go right into the intake tube. So that would be a 3in MAF right? i'm wondering if there would be a way to fit the intake he made to the new intake manifold TTR is making.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
i'm thinking on a dynojet a DCT should be over 180.
No, 5spd manuals with I, H, E, Tune are dynoing around 180 to 183whp (the latter being the highest I've seen locally here...DCT will be lower, so 170-175 range would be expected, anything higher would be a bonus but don't expect it.

As for the intake manifold, my guess based on my previous experience would
be a 10hp/8ft lb torque gain

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Seems reasonable to me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i'm thinking on a dynojet a DCT should be over 180.
No, 5spd manuals with I, H, E, Tune are dynoing around 180 to 183whp (the latter being the highest I've seen locally here...DCT will be lower, so 170-175 range would be expected, anything higher would be a bonus but don't expect it.

As for the intake manifold, my guess based on my previous experience would
be a 10hp/8ft lb torque gain
why would DCT be lower? Its not experiencing the drivetrain loss of a torque converter. I wouldn't expect to see a significant difference between the dct or the 5 speed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not sure if he did claim to be the
He highest. A buddy of mine did but it's not entirely true lol. As far as I know you have the highest HP as far as NA motors go.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
why would DCT be lower? Its not experiencing the drivetrain loss of a torque converter. I wouldn't expect to see a significant difference between the dct or the 5 speed.
Take a look through the dyno sticky...all dcts with similar mods or even bone stock dyno lower...these is losses..not as large as traditional automatic

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Dyno numbers aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

They include corrections for conditions & assumptions, gear ratio can affect the calculated result.

Withe the DCT ratios different than the MTX ones, that alone can make the difference since the box itself is quite similar and both drive through dry clutches.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Dyno numbers aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

They include corrections for conditions & assumptions, gear ratio can affect the calculated result.

Withe the DCT ratios different than the MTX ones, that alone can make the difference since the box itself is quite similar and both drive through dry clutches.
I've been to a number of Dyno days and had operators show me how the numbers can be "manipulated" via a number of tricks...you can never trust dyno numbers 100%...I always try and keep with the same place, exact same settings..even try and keep similar weather

21 - 37 of 37 Posts