Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered toms tune, anybody know when I should be expecting it? Also has anybody gotten there 08-11 duratec dynod after the tune?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So now theres xcal4 which is 43$ more for idk what reason and also after I payed for the 399$ advertised. This kind of makes me mad.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Changeover to the new model has been going on all year, Tom had some X3's on hand long after SCT stopped shipping them so it was a choice if you wanted the new "upgraded" version for quite a while. Lots of discussion on whether the new features were "worth it", old stock lasted almost to the end of the year.

Don't know when he ran out exactly, it was quite recently. IIRC he had some used older units as well he advertised here. Contacting him directly is the easiest way to get things straight when ordering so you know exactly what's going on.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
So is the updated version better or something?
Pm Tom & see what he say's, plus you could call or e-mail SCT & see what they say.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Different (larger) display, wireless communication to your computer are two changes I've seen mentioned.

You'd have to look at the descriptions close to note all the changes & some are internal regarding electronics/programming - they don't work exactly the same.

Most differences are supposed to be in convenience of use from what I've seen mentioned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts