Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was wondering. I am going to take my svt into ford next week and have the reflash my computer or update it whatever it is they do to make it run better. Right now I have toms tune installed and it hasn't helped my problems at all and i was wondering if i have to remove the tune before i take my car to ford or if i can leave it on there. If I do need to take the tune off then how do I get it off. I have done everything that i can think of to get rid of the problems of my car losing power and wanting to die all the time. I have changed my coil pack, plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, idle air control, tps, checked for vac leaks and even bought toms tune but nothing has helped. Thanks.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
My tune isnt a wonder cure , if you have issues before my tune my tune might help but isnt a cure all

It would be nice if you had sent me an email letting me know of the issues and see if we could of made more changes that may of helped some

To take my tune out and you MUST do this if you are letting Ford reflash it (not that there tune is any better or going to cure these issues) just go to troubleshooting and choose "Restore Origional Backup" and that restores your back up file

Let me know if I can help

Tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did email you with the issues that I was have before I bought your tune and I was told that It would fix the bogging and the stalling that I was having trouble with but it didnt. I have read on the forums that getting the update from ford helps. I am going to reinstall you tune after I get the update. I just want to be able to drive my car one day without it stalling or bogging down and jerking.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I think if you're going to reinstall tom's tune afterwards then there's no point in letting ford reflash it becase you will just be overwriting it with tom's tune and you'll be where you are now.

Work with tom so he can help you fix your issues.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
With a flashing device like Xcal2 or X3, or Predator. plugs into your OBD-II port and you load your ECU with a tune file your tuner makes for you vehicle. Tune files can either be emailed to you or they can be preloaded onto the device if buying the device and tune at the same time. If emailed you would download free software for your pc or laptop from the device manufacturer website and load the emailed tune file onto your device. Then you hook up the device to your OBD-II port in your vehicle and follow the instructions on the screen to install the tune.

·
Registered
135 Posts
oh and toms is a good tune for performance ,and how much does he sell them for ?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yes Tom is a tuner. He is probably the best one out there and most preferred on here. I can't remember what he charges but you can ask him. Proces are different for SVT and Zetec I think. Somewhere aroun $379 ish.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've had one of Tom's tunes for several years now. It cured the bogginess and various idle issues that I had as stock.

Just as important, its very USER FRIENDLY. And Tom is very accessible and generous with info. when needed. Occasionally, the ECU will 'forget' its state of tune and you have to reflash. No problem...an easy 10-minute process.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I am sure Tom can get your issues figured out

·
Registered
242 Posts
Im curious what youre current set-up is? As far as intake, aluminum flywheel, if your intake boots have been replaced or if the clamps have been replaced?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts