Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've officially been running Tom's tune in my car for a few months now, and I have to say, I wish I had done it sooner. I've read people on here saying things like, "It adds driveability." Well, when I read that, it sounded vague as hell, and I had no idea what that meant. Now, however, I see what they mean. Acceleration, shifting, air flow, everything has been tightened up. Not even when on the strip, just normal everyday things like getting groceries have become fun. Hands down, the best mod I have done on my car. Tom himself has great customer service, he generally emails back pretty quickly, with clear answers to your questions. I'm newer to car modding than some, and I even flubbed up the last like 4 datalogs, but he didn't get frustrated or anything, which was surprising, cause I sure as hell was. The car's tune has been completed until more parts are added, and just with the mods i have (in signature), the car definitely feels faster, more aggressive. Trust me, if you can spare the money, do it. You will NOT regret it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great ! Glad your liking it

How does the ATX feel and shift now ? User adjustability so you can set it to your liking ?

Tom
The transmission definitely feels a lot more solid, and it shifts a lot faster than what it used to. The option for user adjustment is perfect, right now I have the shift from 1st to 2nd decreased by 5% which is great for city driving.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Giving user adjust helps a lot that way the Custom can set the ATX shift points and shift pressure to his liking

Tom
Yup, that's exactly what I did. The shift from 1st-2nd was tad too hard for my liking, but a quick dial back on the tune solved that for me. Took less than five minutes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Giving user adjust helps a lot that way the Custom can set the ATX shift points and shift pressure to his liking

Tom
Hey Tom, What is this User adjust you speak of? Can you add that to my tune please? I sent you an email last night telling you the results of the latest Mark Timon tune.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dang. Ok. I put the tune you sent last night in my car at lunch. i'll let you know the results sometime this weekend or on Monday. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
What does a base tune cost? Updates additional?

Edit,

I see $469.00 with free updates if staying NA..

So will a tune really wake up my sons little turd with 168k on it? (03 ZX3 ATX)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will certainly help a lot even at the beginning, but the biggest thing I feel is that as you add more parts (exhaust, intake, throttle body, stat), the tune helps to pull these mods together immensely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts