Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG....LoL
Got my tune installed on the automatic Focus.
Just got back from a quick 2 mile drive and Wow....all I can say is I wasn't expecting it to chirp the tires and torque up that much going into 2nd gear.
Gone is the DPFE stumble as well.
Car seems to drive and respond better in every aspect.
Thanks Tom.....this is GREAT!
[woot]

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Glad to hear. I have most of the parts for a SVT header swap(need orp & exhaust) and will need a tune with rear o2 and egr delete. Had heard it improved atx as well but hadn't seen anyone confirm it until now.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad to hear. I have most of the parts for a SVT header swap(need orp & exhaust) and will need a tune with rear o2 and egr delete. Had heard it improved atx as well but hadn't seen anyone confirm it until now.
It is unreal,especially with the VF Engineering dog bone mount.
The tune continues to surprise....driving home tonight it felt Evil.
[deviltail]
Its hard to explain....It is running better than it ever has with the tune,and although I'm not going to be beating a Mustang with it,I know it is running very strong and dropping the hammer puts a grin on My face now.
Ties all the other mods together very nicely.
Couldn't be happier with it.
DirtKona,You want to see video of it?
I could shoot some tomorrow afternoon.....

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
It is unreal,especially with the VF Engineering dog bone mount.
The tune continues to surprise....driving home tonight it felt Evil.
[deviltail]
Its hard to explain....It is running better than it ever has with the tune,and although I'm not going to be beating a Mustang with it,I know it is running very strong and dropping the hammer puts a grin on My face now.
Ties all the other mods together very nicely.
Couldn't be happier with it.
DirtKona,You want to see video of it?
I could shoot some tomorrow afternoon.....

Yup I feel the same way [headbang]!! My car runs better now with 171k mi's on it than it did when I bought it with 52k mi on it [hihi]

Donald you'll benefit greatly with a tune since you have an auto. Well in the way it drives anyways.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Tom did my ATX wagon and the difference it made is night and day. I took it out for its first auto-x since the tune and I was chirping the tires in 2nd. The firmer shift points are nice as well. Tom does great work.[woot]

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
god i need to do this with my car!! ive needed to get mine tuned for a good while now. how hard was the tuning process with datalogging and whatnot? never done anything like remote tuning before.
I havn't datalogged mine yet,but next month will be getting a wideband...I have to as I am adding a Zex 50 shot of nitrous.
The install of the tune itself was flawless and very,very easy.
I was slightly confused about what to do when the tuner arrived,called Tom and He walked Me through every step of the way even though He was not feeling well.
Once the tune was on the SCT tuner,I plugged into the OBD port,set add custom tune and within 6 minutes it was done.
It really,really is night and day different.
If it stops raining I will shoot some quick video to show how it performs now....

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Mine's an auto as well and talk about a beast to drive . I bet your's is a blast to drive since you have an St with the 2.3 and I have the 2.0 . :(

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine's an auto as well and talk about a beast to drive . I bet your's is a blast to drive since you have an St with the 2.3 and I have the 2.0 . :(
Actually,this one is a zetec 2.0.
The Focus ST only has 8000 miles on it and I am accumulating a large number of parts for it including Crower stage 2 cams.
The ZX3 is my daily driver,project budget build but has taken on a life of its own.
The ST will also be tuned by Tom.
Why go anywhere else?

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Damn I can't waite to get a tune now. But......it's gotta waite for rims,tires, more suspension tweaks, orp and exhaust. Only a couple things haha. Maybe in the spring?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn I can't waite to get a tune now. But......it's gotta waite for rims,tires, more suspension tweaks, orp and exhaust. Only a couple things haha. Maybe in the spring?
Well,watch this and decide...LoL:
Do the exhaust and get the tune.
My current list of mods is in the video description.

http://youtu.be/i3GjP_8EYyI

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
DeuceCoupe ,

After I got my tune on my 2.0 I got to itching for a bigger throttle body so I got the 1 for the Duratec from CFM . And it's like driving a completely different car all together.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm getting the tune with my next bonus. I can't wait.
Its pretty extreme.
I am truly surprised at the difference it made in the Car....even the exhaust rev sounds different to Me now.
It tied all the other mods together nicely.
Need to get it datalogged and have a wide band installed to let Tom look over,but I am really Happy with it.
You will Love it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts