Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I replaced my battery, but the battery light remained on. So I plugged in the Predator, in an attempt to get that annoying battery light to turn off.

When I finished, I unplugged the Predator, and attempted to start my car. It wouldn't start. No dash light, no nothing. (I later realized it was because I didn't replace the $46 and #61 fuses - the ones the manual tells you to pull when you install a tune)

So, not knowing exactly what I was doing, I figured I might need to upload the stock/factory Ford tune. I plugged the Predator back in, and noticed I had only one option:

*Install Performance Tune

Is the "Performance Tune" the Diablo Predator Tune? What happened to the "Custom Tom's Tune" that came with the Predator?

Anyway, I installed the "Performance Tune".

Now my car is running like crap. It wants to stall every time I come to a stop, and lacks all "umph" I had with "Tom's Tune".

What do I do????!!!! I already PM'd Tom with the info - but any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
well after installing the "performance tune" did you plug it back in and try to return it to stock?

I would try that first. If you get it there then maybe you can install Toms tune again.

after that I think Tom may be the only one that can help you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't try returning it to stock after that. Honestly, the directions for this type of thing are so sketchy, I'm nervous to to anything now. :)

I'm hoping Tom will chime in, or return my PM.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still haven't heard from Tom, and my car is still running like shit. I think I'll try reloading the Ford factory tune tomorrow, and see what happens. What a pain in the ass this is.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i had a similar problem, turned out i didn't have enough voltage. try to get back to stock and wait for tom to help you. he'll get it fixed

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Today, I replaced my battery, but the battery light remained on. So I plugged in the Predator, in an attempt to get that annoying battery light to turn off.

When I finished, I unplugged the Predator, and attempted to start my car. It wouldn't start. No dash light, no nothing. (I later realized it was because I didn't replace the $46 and #61 fuses - the ones the manual tells you to pull when you install a tune)

So, not knowing exactly what I was doing, I figured I might need to upload the stock/factory Ford tune. I plugged the Predator back in, and noticed I had only one option:

*Install Performance Tune

Is the "Performance Tune" the Diablo Predator Tune? What happened to the "Custom Tom's Tune" that came with the Predator?

Anyway, I installed the "Performance Tune".

Now my car is running like crap. It wants to stall every time I come to a stop, and lacks all "umph" I had with "Tom's Tune".

What do I do????!!!! I already PM'd Tom with the info - but any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
buy a repair manuel from your local auto parts store
i dont even know what a preditor can do but it sounds like you dont want a preditor my advice would be get a repair manuel put it under your pillow and sleep with it until all the information slowly ooozes into your brain ha hah ha
really a repair maneul works wonders i bought a repair manuel and fixxed my brakes ,fixed my fuel filter ,fixed my coolant hoses ,fixed it all with one book

·
Registered
32 Posts
ok if you tune your car with toms tune it works great
but if you remove his tune from your car(for any reason) it reverts to the custom tune
you will now need to put the tom tune back in the tuner and re flash your car.

b t w the batt light might be on cause you alt is bac check the batt voltage with a meter.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
When I installed my Tune from Tom , I hooked up a battery charger to my battery to make sure I had a full charge the whole time I was installing mine . But I don't have a predator . I have the SCT X 3 tuner that I bought from Tom .

The X3 copied my stock tune to the flasher before I install the custom tune. So your's may have done the same thing.

I don't know if this is a good idea or what but if it were me I would install the stock tune. Undo the battery cable reset everything back to the way it should be then reinstall Tom's tune after everything has been reset back to stock ..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This problem has nothing really to do with the battery or the alternator - that was simply the stuff I was working on that led to this. :)

Basically, it looks like I can't re-flash the stock tune onto the ECU, without losing Tom's tune. (Which is a huge pain in the ass, if you ask me)

So, I've got to wait for Tom to return his PM before I can do anything....

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Basically, it looks like I can't re-flash the stock tune onto the ECU, without losing Tom's tune. (Which is a huge pain in the ass, if you as me)
Isn't there a way to save a tune onto a computer, that way if it deletes it when you put the stock tune back on, you can just load it up from the computer??

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Isn't there a way to save a tune onto a computer, that way if it deletes it when you put the stock tune back on, you can just load it up from the computer??
I still have mine in the e mail that Tom sent and also on my desktop , I saved mine in several different places just in case I might have done something wrong while figuring out my X3 Tuner....
I think I may try saving it to a cd just in case my comp decides to crash and wipe out everything .
But Tom told me he keeps a copy of all the tunes he's done for quick reference .

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I would put the fuses back in and see if you can fix the problem that way. not to mention that you should have downloaded all the tunes to what ever program comes with your tuner.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I would put the fuses back in and see if you can fix the problem that way. not to mention that you should have downloaded all the tunes to what ever program comes with your tuner.
Do not do this and use the predator. The fuses must be pulled when tuning!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
STILL waiting on Tom. He asked for my email, full name, and specs on the tune (like the year, mods, and octane rating, etc). I sent everything to him, and have heard nothing back.

Tom - I can't drive my car until you email me some kind of replacement tune. Any help would be obviously appreciated...

·
FF Affiliate
30,382 Posts
I sent you one long ago , did you check you spam mail ? if not send me another email and I will get you another one

Why is it you cant drive your car ?

Tom

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tom,

I have not received anything via email. I have no spam filter - so there's no chance that it went undelivered. Please email it to me again - I PM'd my email address to you.

As for the drivability of the car, you're right - I can drive it as-is. But it's terrible. The car surges, the power is gone, etc. It's way better with your tune, obviously!

Also, I'll need instructions for installing the tune on the Predator, please.

If you wouldn't mind, can you email the tune to me again? Please copy and paste my email address above. Thank you...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it - PM'd you, and emailed you back. Thanks, Tom! (I'll figure out how to get the tune into the Predator now...I got your link to the how-to, thanks!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts